Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated artcam crashing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1908 Views, 7 Replies

Updated artcam crashing

I recently updated to a 2013 version of AC express and it has been running fine up until the last little while. It will let me sculpt for a few min then a window will pop up saying "artcam has stopped responding and needs to shut down". Is there something I should be doing different?   

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
prashant.gurav
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently updated to a 2013 version of AC express and it has been running fine up until the last little while. It will let me sculpt for a few min then a window will pop up saying "artcam has stopped responding and needs to shut down". Is there something I should be doing different?   

What build of ArtCAM Express 2013 are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About ArtCAM Express menu option in your ArtCAM Express 2013 software. For example, ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303).

ArtCAM Express 2013 does not include any Sculpting tools, so please explain what tools you are using when you encounter your reported issue.

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create a screencast of the steps you're using in ArtCAM Express 2013, and then embed your screencast when replying to this post.

In addition, please confirm what graphics card you have installed on your computer.

In the event of a crash, we have configured ArtCAM to store information about its circumstances in a single file. This is known as a MiniDump. A MiniDump file (*.dmp) is particularly useful to the Development Team, as it enables us to examine what was happening at the exact point of the crash; this greatly improves the chance of identifying and fixing a rare or random crash that cannot be reproduced.

Please use the following steps to retrieve a MiniDump file:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %TEMP%in the Address bar, and then press Enter.
  2. From Windows Explorer's list of folders and files, double-click the ArtCAM_MiniDump folder to display its contents.
  3. Identify the MiniDump file (*.dmp) you want to retrieve. Each MiniDump file is named using the following convention:Dump-<year-month-day>-<hour-minute-second>-<ArtCAM version>-<build number>-<bit version>.dmp.

For example, if the MiniDump file is named Dump-20170220-121400-2013-303-64.dmp, we know that it was created on 20th February 2017 at 12:14:00 local time, and originates from ArtCAM 2013.303 64-bit.

Please zip the MiniDump file (*.dmp) and attach it when replying to this post so that I can submit it to the Development team for further investigation.

Finally, please confirm what Windows operating system is installed on your computer, and what region and language settings you're using.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I was using SCULPTING as a general term. AC will stop responding randomly during basic functions I.E. text, 3d relief functions, tool path generation or simulation....etc

I'm running "windows 10" with "NVIDIA GEFORCE"

My Version is "Artcam Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303)

I have been running ac problem free on this computer since 2012 and I recently upgraded and was working well until just recently.

Message 4 of 8
prashant.gurav

Hi @Anonymous,

Jeremy94CNC wrote:

Sorry I was using SCULPTING as a general term. AC will stop responding randomly during basic functions I.E. text, 3d relief functions, tool path generation or simulation....etc

I'm running "windows 10" with "NVIDIA GEFORCE"

My Version is "Artcam Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303)

I have been running ac problem free on this computer since 2012 and I recently upgraded and was working well until just recently.

Many thanks for supplying your Dump-20170219-153624-2013-303-64.dmp file.

Please complete the following steps:

1. Download and install the latest display driver for your NVIDIA GeForce graphics card from here.
  2. In ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303), select the 3D Graphics Options menu option to display the 3D Graphics Options panel.
  3. Select the OpenGL Drawing Mode area's Complete OpenGL 2 Support option.
  4. Select the Relief Rendering area's Use flat shading check box.
  5. Select the Offscreen Rendering area's Use Framebuffer Objects check box.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Click Close.

Afterwards, please restart your computer and see if the above steps have resolved the crash occurring in ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-but build 303).

Please ensure that you have the latest Sentinel driver installed on your computer.

Please let me know if the problem persists, so that if needed I can request that the Development team investigates further.

Thank you for your time and cooperation. 

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: prashant.gurav

I updated NVIDIA and I was already using those recommended settings and i am running 7.6.6 version of sentinal, and the problem still persists.

Message 6 of 8
prashant.gurav

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

I updated NVIDIA and I was already using those recommended settings and i am running 7.6.6 version of sentinal, and the problem still persists.

Thank you for your reply.

In order for me to report this crash to the Development team, I require your system information. The quickest way to supply this information is as follows:

1. Select Start > Run (or Search Program and files).
  2. Type dxdiag, then select dxdiag.exe and run it. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool is displayed.
  3. Click the Save all Information button to save all of the information as a text file; this text file can be attached when replying to this post.

Once received, I can supply this information to the Development team along with your Dump-20170219-153624-2013-303-64.dmp file, so that they can try to identify the underlying cause of your reported crash.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: prashant.gurav

I apologize for the delay I just came back from out of town. Here id the file you requested, thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 8
prashant.gurav

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the file you requested.

Many thanks for supplying your dxdiag.txt file.

Looking at your supplied dxdiag.txt file, I can see that you have an integrated Intel HD graphics 4000 on your computer along with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M graphics card. I suspect ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303) is using the integrated Intel graphics on your computer.

To confirm this:

1. Start ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303).
  2. Create a new model or open an existing model.
  3. Select the Help > About ArtCAM Express menu option. The ArtCAM Express panel is displayed.
  4. Click the OpenGL Info button. The OpenGL Information panel is displayed. 

Please confirm whether the panel's Renderer or Vendor information refers to Intel.

Ensuring that ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303) is always using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M card should avoid the crashing you've reported. Therefore, when starting ArtCAM Express 2013.SP4 (64-bit build 303), please right-click the ArtCAM 2013 desktop shortcut and select the Run with graphics processor > High-performance NVIDIA processor (default) option to force it to run with the NVIDIA GPU instead of the Intel GPU.

Alternatively, select Control Panel > Windows Device Manager on your Windows 10 computer and disable the integrated Intel graphics.

If the provided information is helpful to you, please be kind enough to click the Accept As Solution button. Alternatively, Reply back to me and I will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report