Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to assign command to some key combinations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Willboyer5985
331 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to assign command to some key combinations

Hello,

I'm trying to assign Ctrl+W to a command (Close Model), but it says it's already assigned. The issue is that it says it's assigned to '????' and I can't add it to any commands.

Capture.PNG

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Gary.B
in reply to: Willboyer5985

If you do a Ctrl+W in an open model you will find its assigned to "Import Work Planes"

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 3 of 5
Willboyer5985
in reply to: Gary.B

Ctrl+W does nothing for me. I have ArtCAM Standard 2017 SP2.

What category are work planes in? Is it relief related?

Message 4 of 5
Gary.B
in reply to: Willboyer5985

Yep, assigned in legacy ArtCam Pro and ArtCam 2017 Premium

One of those mysterious commands with no listing or reference that I’m aware of, so maybe one of the ArtCam staff will jump in here and correct me.

I think the import workplanes was to import different origins that were set up and saved.

Similar to g-code workoffsets of G54 thu to G59, don’t believe it was ever implemented into ArtCam, thinking it was in Delcam Designer.

As I said one of the engineers should be able to clarify this one

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Willboyer5985,

Willboyer5985 wrote:

I'm trying to assign Ctrl+W to a command (Close Model), but it says it's already assigned. The issue is that it says it's assigned to '????' and I can't add it to any commands.

Many thanks for reporting this issue. As suggested by @Gary.B, this keyboard shortcut was reserved for functionality that has not been implemented. I'll report this issue to the Development team with the intention of enabling the Ctrl+W shortcut to be assigned to a command as part of a future software update. I'll be sure to keep you updated on any progress towards a fix.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report