Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stitch marks in simulation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mmarchHRJ7T
582 Views, 8 Replies

Stitch marks in simulation

Hello,

with the new way that ArtCAM 2017 simulates toolpaths we often get these 'stitch marks',

stitch marks in simo.JPG

i assume it is where blocks of the simulation are calculated, can this be stopped?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

with the new way that ArtCAM 2017 simulates toolpaths we often get these 'stitch marks',

i assume it is where blocks of the simulation are calculated, can this be stopped?

Please supply your ArtCAM Model file (*.art), including calculated toolpaths, so that I can test and suggest accordingly and, if necessary, report the issue to the Development team. Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating the issue.

Alternatively, please let me know your exact toolpath simulation settings you're using so that I can try to reproduce your reported issue.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 3 of 9

i have prepared a test file (attached).

i got the 'stitches' when using these settings, but please if it doesn't happen first time change the custom setting to be higher and it will happen.

Stitch Simulation.JPG

also simulate a few times.

thanks,

Message 4 of 9

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

@mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

i have prepared a test file (attached).

i got the 'stitches' when using these settings, but please if it doesn't happen first time change the custom setting to be higher and it will happen.

also simulate a few times.

Thank you for sharing your SimulationStitches.art file.

I attempted to reproduce your reported issue by changing the pixel values from low to high in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), but still had no success.

Please refer to the screencast below, which shows my test results:

Having said this, I will persevere with trying to reproduce your reported issue and look for any similar reports from our customers. Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating exactly how and when you encounter this issue, so that I can report it to the Development team.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 5 of 9

try zooming out quite far

Message 6 of 9
mmarchHRJ7T
in reply to: mmarchHRJ7T

Message 7 of 9

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

@mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

http://autode.sk/2mzzEEt

screencast

Thank you for sharing your screencast.

With the 3D Graphics Options panel's Use Flat Shading check box deselected, I'm able to reproduce your reported issue.

If the Use Flat Shading option is selected, your reported issue is avoided. I will report this to the Development team on your behalf, and will be sure to keep you updated on their response.

Please refer to the image below, which shows my results:

Simulation.png

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 8 of 9
mikeis
in reply to: mmarchHRJ7T

Out of curiosity what Video card do you have, I have only seen this with my ATI card not my NVidia (prob. because I can not get updated drivers for it).

mike 

Message 9 of 9

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

If I recall correctly, you have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card installed on your computer.

Customers with an NVIDIA graphics card are advised to complete the following steps:

1. Download and install the latest display driver for your NVIDIA graphics card from here.
  2. In Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), select the Edit > 3D Graphics Options menu option to display the 3D Graphics Options panel.
  3. Select the OpenGL Drawing Mode area's Complete OpenGL 2 Support option.
  4. Select the Relief Rendering area's Use flat shading check box.
  5. Select the Offscreen Rendering area's Use Framebuffer Objects check box.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Click Close.

We do not recommend that customers with an NVIDIA graphics card deselect the Options panel's Use flat shading check box, and @shirish.bansude has confirmed that selecting the Use flat shading check box resolves your reported display issue in toolpath simulations.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report