Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spin Tool Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Gary.B
393 Views, 3 Replies

Spin Tool Issue

2017 SP5 Premium

I'm having an issue with the Spin tool creating a column base as follows.

The base has an inside flat diameter of 14.125" and an outside diameter of 17.625" giving a radius of 8.8125". The Profile has a width of 8.125" which should spin to the diameter of 17.625 but it actually spins to 18.6" in diameter.

If I take the matching profile between the inside & outside diameters, 1.75" and extrude it then I get the correct sized profile.

not sure why the spin is larger than the profile.

thanks

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
shirish.bansude
in reply to: Gary.B

Hi @Gary.B

@Gary.B wrote:

2017 SP5 Premium

I'm having an issue with the Spin tool creating a column base as follows.

The base has an inside flat diameter of 14.125" and an outside diameter of 17.625" giving a radius of 8.8125". The Profile has a width of 8.125" which should spin to the diameter of 17.625 but it actually spins to 18.6" in diameter.

If I take the matching profile between the inside & outside diameters, 1.75" and extrude it then I get the correct sized profile.

not sure why the spin is larger than the profile.

Please extend the profile on the right-hand side to the bottom, position it as shown in the screencast below, and then check if this produces the required result; I can see that this cross-section works as expected with the Spin tool:

If the provided information is helpful to you, please be kind enough to click the Accept As Solution button below. Alternatively, reply back to me and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 3 of 4
Gary.B
in reply to: shirish.bansude

Thanks Shirish,

yes I went back and look that at that model over the weekend and found my mistake, when i copied the profile vectors over, the center leg vector was not joined and was left behind, snapping the profile to the center circle I just missed the incomplete profile

thanks

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 4 of 4
shirish.bansude
in reply to: Gary.B

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote: 

I went back and look that at that model over the weekend and found my mistake, when i copied the profile vectors over, the center leg vector was not joined and was left behind, snapping the profile to the center circle I just missed the incomplete profile

I'm glad to hear that you were able to identify the underlying issue and resolve it.

Thank you for accepting my response as solution.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report