Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script error

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Gary.B
1157 Views, 27 Replies

Script error

2017.270 SP5 Premium

Doing a machine relief toolpath and got the following browser script error

Gary

script error.jpg

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
prashant.gurav
in reply to: Gary.B

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

2017.270 SP5 Premium

Doing a machine relief toolpath and got the following browser script error.

Thank you for reporting this warning message in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).

I noticed that you'd previously reported the same issue during the 2012 Beta Testing Programme when adding a V-bit tool to the Tool Database. I've located an existing Development task regarding this issue, and I've now updated it with the information you've reported here.

If this Web Browser warning message is easily repeatable, please provide us with the ArtCAM Model file (*.art) or ArtCAM Project file (*.3dp) in which you encountered the script error message along with a screencast, so that I can add this to the relevant Development task.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 3 of 28
Gary.B
in reply to: prashant.gurav

Phashant,

its not repeatable and I don't believe I have seen this one since the 2012 beta testing.

I believe I was setting the material size under the toolpath dialog at the time of the script error.

I will attach the file here which is just a simple radius profile.

Also have a look at the dwg import vector layer. The vectors came directly from Autocad but the associated text etc did not import correctly. You will see the # sign has been substituted in place of / as well as text being placed over text and at scattered locations not to mention the incorrect size.

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 4 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote:

Also have a look at the dwg import vector layer. The vectors came directly from Autocad but the associated text etc did not import correctly. You will see the # sign has been substituted in place of / as well as text being placed over text and at scattered locations not to mention the incorrect size.

Please supply us with the AutoCAD DWG file you've imported into your radius wall mould.art file, and confirm what version it originates from. If you'd rather not attach the DWG file when posting here, please send it to artcam-online-support@autodesk.com instead. 

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 28
Gary.B
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Dillon

I have email you the dwg file with info

I think it went direct to you and not the support channel

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 6 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote:

I have email you the dwg file with info

I think it went direct to you and not the support channel

Many thanks for supplying the Radius wall mould.dwg file.

When I try to open the file in Autodesk DWG TrueView 2017, the following message is displayed:

ForeignDWGFile.png

Therefore, it does not seem as though the file originates from AutoCAD.

Some of the green text, which seems to be associated with the DIMENSIONS layer in the file, is not visible in Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version 8.6.10). This is the same result when importing the file into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), as Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 handles the DWG file import process. This is the text which is incorrect in your supplied radius wall mould.art file.

What Exchange input resources options do you have selected when importing the Radius wall mould.dwg file into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270)? Please confirm, so that I can try to reproduce your reported issue with the text.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 28
Gary.B

Dillon

remove those images from the forum now please

I will recheck but was sure they said they were using autocad

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 8 of 28
Gary.B

Just checked with customer, they use the generic term of autocad but in fact they were exporting out of DraftSight

My exchange input resources options are the default for Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 SP5. I actually have them turned off in options so never see them. will have to turn them on then do an import to get those for you

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 9 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote:

remove those images from the forum now please

As requested, I've removed the images from within my previous post. Where images associated with reported issues might be sensitive, it is better to create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account.

@Gary.B wrote:

Just checked with customer, they use the generic term of autocad but in fact they were exporting out of DraftSight

My exchange input resources options are the default for Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 SP5. I actually have them turned off in options so never see them. will have to turn them on then do an import to get those for you

Many thanks for confirming what application the Radius wall mould.dwg file originates from. This information might help when referring the matter to the Development team.

Please do check and confirm what Exchange input resource settings you're using, and what version of Autodesk Data Manufacturing Exchange Utility 2017 you're using alongside Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 28
Gary.B

@dillon.moulder wrote:
As requested, I've removed the images from within my previous post. Where images associated with reported issues might be sensitive, it is better to create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account.

Thanks Dillon, It wasn't the file that was sensitive but what was in the title block of the dwg, which is why I emailed it instead of posting on the forum when you requested it. no I'm not jumping thru hoops to do reports here then create a case file, I barely have time to report 1/2 the errors I see. I will no longer share any file which may include sensitive information, problem solved ! attached is a screen capture of the input settings as requested you will note that you can change the input from the default mm to inches and apply all day long, Exchange will not retain this setting Version of Exchange I'm on iis 8.6.10

thanks

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 11 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

attached is a screen capture of the input settings as requested you will note that you can change the input from the default mm to inches and apply all day long, Exchange will not retain this setting Version of Exchange I'm on iis 8.6.10

Many thanks for sharing your screencast. I have exactly the same Input Resources settings as you in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), but when I import your supplied Radius wall mould.dwg file into a new imperial or metric model, the text on the DIMENSIONS layer is not shown at all. I encounter the same result when importing the file into Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10), although it seems as though items for these text labels are included in the tree. I'll need to discuss this issue with the Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility Development team, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

I tried importing your Radius wall mould.dwg file into Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10), exporting all entities as a new DWG file, and then importing the new DWG file into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270). When I do this, the text associated with the DIMENSIONS layer is correct; it does not look as it does within your supplied radius wall mould.art file.

I've sent a copy of the new Radius wall mould.dwg file exported from Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10) to your registered email address so that you can test importing the file into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270). Please let me know your results, including whether the imported vectors are now sized correctly.

Kind regards,

Message 13 of 28
Gary.B

Dillon,

If I open the dwg file you sent me in Data Exchange then I get the same results as you.

If I open in 2017 sp5 all the vectors including the text and dimensions are on the default layer.

The odd thing I see is the changing of the "/" symbol to the "#" symbol, then where the change to # then the inch marks ( " ) are move to the next line below the measurement.

Another thing to note is all the cross section symbols are moved to the right outside the drawing, they should be at the end of their respective cross section leaders.

here is the screen capture, the only thing i did was remove the title block info to upload

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 14 of 28
Gary.B

Forgot to mention in the ArtCam vector placement dialogue box when importing I had to change from inches to mm to get the correct size

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 15 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Many thanks for sharing your screencast.

Gary.B wrote:

If I open in 2017 sp5 all the vectors including the text and dimensions are on the default layer.

I expect that you have the Vector Import dialog's Current Layer option selected. If you want to preserve the layer information within the Radius wall mould.dwg file when importing it into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), ensure that the Preserve Layers option is selected prior to clicking the dialog's Open button.

Gary.B wrote: 

The odd thing I see is the changing of the "/" symbol to the "#" symbol, then where the change to # then the inch marks ( " ) are move to the next line below the measurement.

Another thing to note is all the cross section symbols are moved to the right outside the drawing, they should be at the end of their respective cross section leaders.

Do you encounter the same results when importing your original Radius wall mould.dwg file into Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10)? Please check and confirm.

@Gary.B wrote:

Forgot to mention in the ArtCam vector placement dialogue box when importing I had to change from inches to mm to get the correct size

Does this situation with the Imported File dialog's File Units setting apply when importing your original Radius wall mould.dwg file, the Radius wall mould.dwg file I exported from Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10) and sent to you by email, or both? Please confirm. 

Kind regards,

Message 16 of 28
Gary.B

@dillon.moulder wrote:

I expect that you have the Vector Import dialog's Current Layer option selected. If you want to preserve the layer information within the Radius wall mould.dwg file when importing it into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), ensure that the Preserve Layers option is selected prior to clicking the dialog's Open button.

You are correct missed changing to preserve layers after the SP5 update...my bad on that one. The file from you does preserve the layers.

@dillon.moulder wrote:

Do you encounter the same results when importing your original Radius wall mould.dwg file into Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10)? Please check and confirm.

Yes the same in both files when opened in Data Exchange.

@dillon.moulder wrote:

Does this situation with the Imported File dialog's File Units setting apply when importing your original Radius wall mould.dwg file, the Radius wall mould.dwg file I exported from Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10) and sent to you by email, or both? Please confirm.

No only happens with the file you sent to me. the original comes in correct in inches.

thanks

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 17 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote:

Yes the same in both files when opened in Data Exchange.

Many thanks for confirming that. I'm currently liaising with the Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility Development team regarding this issue. I would expect equivalent results when importing your Radius wall mould.dwg file into Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 and DWG TrueView 2017, as it my understanding that they utilize the same Autodesk libraries.

Whatever the results of importing the file are in Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017, they will be equivalent in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 because it is that which handles the DWG file import process. Therefore, this is something that first needs to be investigated by the Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility Development team.

Gary.B wrote:

No only happens with the file you sent to me. the original comes in correct in inches.

Many thanks for confirming that. I'll check what settings I used when exporting from Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 (Version: 8.6.10) to see if I can ensure that the vectors remain at the same size as in your original Radius wall mould.dwg file.

I'll be sure to keep you updated as and when I receive further information. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 18 of 28
Gary.B

Dillon

the second file you sent opens as the correct size in inches

import dwg.jpg

here some of the radius moulding from that dwg

radius moulding.jpg

thanks

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 19 of 28
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote:

the second file you sent opens as the correct size in inches

Many thanks for confirming that. This just leaves the issue of the incorrect text on the DIMENSIONS layer to contend with, and I hope that the Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility Development team come back to me shortly with some suggestions.

Gary.B wrote: 

here some of the radius moulding from that dwg

Many thanks for sharing this image. It's good to be able to picture the expected end result.

Kind regards,

Message 20 of 28

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote: 

The Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility Development team have noted that the Radius wall mould.dwg file uses the technic_.ttf font. They suspect that where this font is not present on a computer, Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017 draws the text using the nearest equivalent font it can find. It would seem that the file uses an unusual character to represent the / and because it is not present in the substitute font used by Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2017, it is drawn as a # instead.

Please check and confirm whether you have the technic_.ttf font installed in C:\Windows\Fonts on your computer.

This issue, as well as the incorrect positioning of the text, will be investigated at greater length by the Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility Development team. As and when I receive a further response from them, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards, 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report