Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postprocessor

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rizart.ee
2283 Views, 10 Replies

Postprocessor

Hello! 

I am looking for postprocessor  to router machine RocTech RC 1325.  Is important to use tool diameter correctors( G41 , G42).

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dillon.moulder
in reply to: rizart.ee

Hi @rizart.ee,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

rizart.ee wrote:

I am looking for postprocessor to router machine RocTech RC 1325. Is important to use tool diameter correctors( G41 , G42).

What version and build of Autodesk ArtCAM are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).

To my knowledge, Autodesk ArtCAM does not include a specific post-processor for the RocTech CNC Router RC 1325. Therefore, please start by selecting the G-Code (inch) (*.tap) or G-Code (mm) (*.tap) option from the Save Toolpaths dialog's Machine file format list when saving your toolpaths from Autodesk ArtCAM 2017. This outputs toolpaths in standard g-code format. Please check if your RocTech CNC Router RC 1325 machine accepts the saved file without any errors, and, if it does, try running your machine using it in safe conditions (dry run).

If you require a custom post-processor, it will be necessary for you to create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 11
rizart.ee
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Hi!
Version of ArtCam is ArtCam Premium 2017 servis pack 5(build 270).
From list with postprocessors not found what I need.  Checked all postprocessors from that list. 

May be you can help with creating my-own postprocessor.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
dillon.moulder

Hi @rizart.ee,

@rizart.ee wrote:
Version of ArtCam is ArtCam Premium 2017 servis pack 5(build 270).
From list with postprocessors not found what I need.  Checked all postprocessors from that list. 

May be you can help with creating my-own postprocessor.

Many thanks for confirming that you're working in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270). As previously stated, if you require a custom post-processor, it will be necessary for you to create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account. Otherwise, please contact Roctech (the machine manufacturer) to ask that they supply you with the necessary post-processor.

You might find this topic on the old ArtCAM Forum useful. Please find attached a zip file containing a ROCTECH-m.CON file, which was supplied to a customer by Roctech. You will need to copy this file to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2017\postp on your computer, and select the ROCTECH - Multi Tool (*.cnc) option from the Save Toolpath dialog's Machine file format list when saving your toolpaths. Please be reminded that this post-processor was not written by Delcam or Autodesk, and has not been tested as compatible.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 11
Gary.B

Is your roctech running the DSP or did you opt for the NCstudio or Mach3 controller ?

for nc and mach you should be able to run the mach3/4 post p

test it and do an air cut

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 6 of 11
rizart.ee

Thank you and Gary.B for help. I looked all postprocessors what you sent to me and little bit repaired one of them . I used manual for DelCam postprocessors and did my own postprocessor.
But have question about diameter correction(G41 and G42). May be somebody know how can use it in ArtCam.

Message 7 of 11
Gary.B

You will find you wont use these in conjunction with ArtCam. Cutting a toolpath inside and outside a vector toolpath line are done within Artcam's toolpathing rather than executing a g-code command output via the post p.

The G40, G41 and G42 are more a manual milling command.

Gary

Here's there description as associated to Mach3/4 g-code fanuc 

G40,G41 & G42 Cutter Comp

To turn cutter radius compensation off, program G40. It is OK to turn compensation off when it is already off.

Cutter radius compensation may be performed only if the XY-plane is active.

To turn cutter radius compensation on left (i.e., the cutter stays to the left of the programmed path when the tool radius is positive), program G41 D~  To turn cutter radius compensation on right (i.e., the cutter stays to the right of the programmed path when the tool radius is positive), program G42 D~  The D word is optional; if there is no D word, the radius of the tool currently in the spindle will be used. If used, the D number should normally be the slot number of the tool in the spindle, although this is not required. It is OK for the D number to be zero; a radius value of zero will be used.

G41 and G42 can be qualified by a P-word. This will override the value of the diameter of the tool (if any) given in the current tool table entry.

It is an error if:

¨    the D number is not an integer, is negative or is larger than the number of carousel slots,

¨    the XY-plane is not active,

¨    cutter radius compensation is commanded to turn on when it is already on.

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 8 of 11
shirish.bansude

Hi @rizart.ee,

@rizart.ee wrote:
But have question about diameter correction(G41 and G42). May be somebody know how can use it in ArtCam.

ArtCAM has the ability to apply cutter compensation codes (G40, G41, G42) to Profiling toolpaths. When creating the toolpath, you need to select the Add Lead In / Out Moves check box and the Cutter Compensation check box.

Please note, the post-processor being used should be set up to output cutter compensation codes in the NC Code.

As previously stated, if you require a custom post-processor, it will be necessary for you to create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account.

Please watch the screencast below demonstrating the process of using cutter compensation within Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017:

If the provided information is helpful to you, please be kind enough to click the Accept As Solution button below. Alternatively, Reply back to me and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 9 of 11
rizart.ee
in reply to: shirish.bansude

Now  question  solved. Thank you.

Message 10 of 11
shirish.bansude

Hi @rizart.ee,

@rizart.ee wrote:

Now question solved.

I'm glad to hear that the provided information has helped.

Thank you for accepting my response as solution, and for sharing the working post processor you've created.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 11 of 11

Hello I need help to get postprocesor for Roctech RC 1530 RH ATC some body can help me to kwow wher to post my question.

The company says they dont have this post

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report