Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage window for Smooth Tool, Fade Tool, etc don't work

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
606 Views, 11 Replies

Percentage window for Smooth Tool, Fade Tool, etc don't work

I believe I had the same problem in 2017 but never had time to really test and send in a posting.

I can use the sliders to try to get a percentage, but typing in a percentage does not change anything, even the position of the slider.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe I had the same problem in 2017 but never had time to really test and send in a posting.

I can use the sliders to try to get a percentage, but typing in a percentage does not change anything, even the position of the slider.

What version and build of Autodesk ArtCAM Premium are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018 (Version: 2018.0.0 Build: 2017-03-30-0901-b7123cac7).

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating your reported issue with the Smooth Relief and Fade Relief tools. You can find instructions on how to embed a screencast when posting to the Autodesk Community forums here.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

It's the brand-new 2018 version.

Build 2017-03-30-0901-b7123cac7

I did notice when I made this recording that if I press Apply that the slider and strength will change.  However, then I'm stuck with that percentage as a final smooth. 

And undoing Smooth is a Herculean task.  It used to be (2015 version) that one undo would take care of it.  Now I have to go back about 50 steps to get to the beginning because is seems to count every preview as a step, and it seems to preview every percentage between zero and wherever it stops itself on the way to my chosen percentage.  Anyway, I guess that's a separate issue.

Looks like I can just insert one screencast, so I'll put the next one in another post.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Here's for the Fade Tool:

Message 5 of 12
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

Many thanks for reporting these issues and for sharing your screencasts.

ECSchultz wrote:

I'm able to reproduce your reported issue with the slider position failing to update and the command not being applied when specifying a value in the Tool Settings: Smooth Relief panel's Smooth Strength box or the Tool Settings: Fade Relief panel's Fade strength box, and then pressing the Return key. I'll report this issue to the Development team for further investigation, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on their response.

@Anonymous wrote:

However, then I'm stuck with that percentage as a final smooth.

To avoid any potential confusion, please explain further.

@Anonymous wrote:

And undoing Smooth is a Herculean task.  It used to be (2015 version) that one undo would take care of it.  Now I have to go back about 50 steps to get to the beginning because is seems to count every preview as a step, and it seems to preview every percentage between zero and wherever it stops itself on the way to my chosen percentage.  Anyway, I guess that's a separate issue.

The Development team are already aware of this situation with undoing commands associated with the Smooth Relief tool, and are investigating how best to resolve it. I'll be sure to keep you updated on any changes that are implemented.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 12
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

ECSchultz wrote:

A fix for this issue has been implemented by the Development team, and this will be included as part of a future software update. I'll be sure to let you know when this is available to download.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Very good!

Thanks for your time and the info!

Message 8 of 12
mikeis

Does, or will this fix fix the issue with the 2 rail sweep, shape editor, and sorry to say a couple other tools that we have to use the back button a few times (feels like 1,000,000 times) if said action doesn't do what we wished? Or will this fix only deal with the smoothing, fade tool functions.

mike

Message 9 of 12
dillon.moulder
in reply to: mikeis

Hi @mikeis,

@mikeis wrote:

Does, or will this fix fix the issue with the 2 rail sweep, shape editor, and sorry to say a couple other tools that we have to use the back button a few times (feels like 1,000,000 times) if said action doesn't do what we wished? Or will this fix only deal with the smoothing, fade tool functions.

This topic makes no reference to those tools. The fix referenced in my previous post is concerned only with the portion of @Anonymous's post I've quoted:

@Anonymous wrote:

The separate usability issue with Undo commands reported by @Anonymous is still being investigated by the Development team. As and when any change is made to this area of functionality, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 12
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

Please install the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.0.1 Hot Fix, as detailed here.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Works now!

Message 12 of 12
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

Works now!

Many thanks for taking the time to confirm that your reported issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report