Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options settings 2017

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MichaelBuckley1
387 Views, 6 Replies

options settings 2017

In the options box under Miscellaneous ..prompt to replace assembly option.. I have this checked and yet when I add a relief to the assembly it does not prompt me it just adds a number to the name.

1-19-2017 1-14-00 PM.jpg

verbal instructions cannot be read, so write it down.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Michael,

Hope all is well!

@MichaelBuckley1 wrote:

In the options box under Miscellaneous ..prompt to replace assembly option.. I have this checked and yet when I add a relief to the assembly it does not prompt me it just adds a number to the name.

I just tested this myself and had the same problem. The first assembly worked with the replace message, but with any after that the pop-up message did not appear and it just continued to append numbers to each new mesh.

Then I installed the new SP4 that was just released, and it looks to fixed!

Now, with Prompt to replace assembly checked, the message box giving me the choice to replace the assembly piece does appear each time.

Try installing SP4, and let me know if it works for you. If it does, mark this off as a solution in case other users have the same issue.

Thanks,

Jennifer Dunn
Message 3 of 7

I installed 4 this morning and that is when I had the problem thanks
Mabe I need to reset the settings

Message 4 of 7

Hi Jen

reset all settings and it is still the same just keeps adding a number to the name

Message 5 of 7

Hi @MichaelBuckley1,

@MichaelBuckley1 wrote:

Many thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce this change in behavior in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 SP4 (build 268). Please see the screencast shown below:

This change in behavior seems to be intermittent. It is repeatable if I create the mesh twice with the Create Triangle Mesh panel open, and when I close the panel after creating each mesh.

I will report this issue to the Development team and will keep you updated on their response.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 6 of 7

Hi @MichaelBuckley1,

@MichaelBuckley1 wrote:

A fix for this issue has been implemented by the Development team, and this will be included as part of a future software update. I'll be sure to let you know when this is available to download.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report