Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening older version files

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
trkd
1733 Views, 20 Replies

Opening older version files

When and if we use the software download are the converted files able to be opened on ver 2015?  

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
dillon.moulder
in reply to: trkd

Hi @trkd,

@trkd wrote:

When and if we use the software download are the converted files able to be opened on ver 2015?  

Are you asking whether ArtCAM Model files (*.art) converted in ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860) using the process documented here are compatible with Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270) and ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860)? If so, the answer is yes.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 21
trkd
in reply to: dillon.moulder

I was asking if an old file that will not open in ver 2017 after being run
with the program you suggested we download will make those files
incompatible with the earlier ver 2015. I ask because the 2017 ver has so
many bugs that I only use it at home but do not want to make my files only
usable in ver 2017.
Message 4 of 21
dillon.moulder

Hi @trkd,

@trkd wrote:
I was asking if an old file that will not open in ver 2017 after being run with the program you suggested we download will make those files incompatible with the earlier ver 2015. I ask because the 2017 ver has so many bugs that I only use it at home but do not want to make my files only usable in ver 2017.

Since the file conversion process opens and saves ArtCAM Model files (*.art) in ArtCAM 2015 R2, it stands to reason that the files will still be compatible with ArtCAM 2015 R2 afterwards.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 21
trkd

I did find that I could open and older file in 2015, rename it, save as that new name and it is then able to be opened in ver 2017.  Thanks for your reply.

Message 6 of 21
dipeshrudani94

I have a not use artcam 9 pro pls help
(*.art) file open artcam 2017 premium
Message 7 of 21

Hi @dipeshrudani94,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@dipeshrudani94 wrote:
I have a not use artcam 9 pro pls help
(*.art) file open artcam 2017 premium

If you aren't licensed to use ArtCAM Pro 2015 R2, please attach any of the ArtCAM Model files (*.art) that you want to use in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 when replying to this post, and I'll try to convert them on your behalf.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 21
dipeshrudani94

Artcam 2015 not open because
1 error
Message 9 of 21

Hi @dipeshrudani94,

@dipeshrudani94 wrote:
Artcam 2015 not open because
1 error

As previously requested, please attach any of the ArtCAM Model files (*.art) that you want to use in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 when posting, and I'll try to convert them on your behalf.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 21

PLS CONVERT (*.ART) FILE ART CAM 2017 IN OPENEBALE   

Message 11 of 21

PLS OPNE (*.ART) FILE IN 2017 PREMIUM 

Message 12 of 21

Pls convert the file 

Message 13 of 21

Hi @rudaniritesh,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@rudaniritesh wrote:

PLS CONVERT (*.ART) FILE ART CAM 2017 IN OPENABLE   

@rudaniritesh wrote:

PLS OPEN (*.ART) FILE IN 2017 PREMIUM 

Please find attached converted copies of your NR 1 TOP FLOWER.art and NR 2 SMALL FLOWER.art files.

If you require any additional ArtCAM Model files (*.art) to be converted, please create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 21

Hi @dipeshrudani94,

@dipeshrudani94 wrote:

Pls convert the file 

Please find attached a converted copy of your nr 2 small flower 2.art file.

If you require any additional ArtCAM Model files (*.art) to be converted, please create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account.

Kind regards,

Message 15 of 21
trkd

Hi: Would you kindly start a new post. I do not need to be involved in
this discussion. Thanks.
Message 16 of 21

how to create case pls help me
Message 17 of 21

Hi @dipeshrudani94,

@dipeshrudani94 wrote:
how to create case pls help me

As @dillon.moulder has suggested earlier, you can create and submit a case by following the procedure given here, and accessing your Autodesk Account by clicking here.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 18 of 21
trkd
in reply to: prashant.gurav

This is old news

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Message 19 of 21
ericQ2RDT

I upgraded from ArtCam pro 2009 to ArtCam Standard 2018.  So I never had the 2015 version, which means I can't convert that way.  Surely there's a way to open 2009 files in the 2017 version without emailing it to you.  

Message 20 of 21
dillon.moulder
in reply to: ericQ2RDT

Hi @ericQ2RDT,

@ericQ2RDT wrote:

I upgraded from ArtCam pro 2009 to ArtCam Standard 2018.  So I never had the 2015 version, which means I can't convert that way.  Surely there's a way to open 2009 files in the 2017 version without emailing it to you.  

The only other solution is to create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account to request a temporary time-limited PAF Licence file (*.paf) compatible with your existing dongle so that you can download and install ArtCAM 2015 R2 on your computer, then batch convert your own collection of ArtCAM Model files (*.art) by following the instructions in this article from the Autodesk Knowledge Network. If you have any ArtCAM Relief files (*.rlf), you can also batch convert them by following the instructions in this article from the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report