Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new/old user

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
russkuffrey
601 Views, 14 Replies

new/old user

I just installed Artcam 2017 pro. When trying to open older artcam files they are not visible. Please don't tell me they can't be used in this new version.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@russkuffrey wrote:

I just installed Artcam 2017 pro. When trying to open older artcam files they are not visible. Please don't tell me they can't be used in this new version.

I expect that you're referring to Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017, rather than ArtCAM Pro 2017; ArtCAM Pro is not part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range, and has been discontinued, as explained in this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

If you're referring to opening ArtCAM Model files (*.art), please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network. If you're referring to opening ArtCAM Relief files (*.rlf), please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network) and this topic in the Autodesk Community ArtCAM Forum.

If you do not own a license to use a legacy version of ArtCAM between 2013.SP2 and 2015 R2.SP3, I recommend that you create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account to request assistance with converting your legacy ArtCAM proprietary files.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 15

Sorry, Artcam Premium. The files in question .rlf and .art are not visible. In fact the last 4 years of jobs can't be opened. I have a usb dongle for Artcam Pro version 9.

Message 4 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

Sorry, Artcam Premium. The files in question .rlf and .art are not visible. In fact the last 4 years of jobs can't be opened. I have a usb dongle for Artcam Pro version 9.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not visible"; please provide us with a screenshot to illustrate what you're trying to describe.

ArtCAM Pro 9 cannot be used to convert ArtCAM Model files (*.art) or ArtCAM Relief files (*.rlf) so that they're compatible with the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. Therefore, as previously suggested, I recommend that you create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account to request assistance with converting your collection of legacy ArtCAM proprietary files.

Out of interest, how many ArtCAM Model files (*.art) and ArtCAM Relief files (*.rlf) do you have that require converting? Please confirm.

If you want to attach a sample ArtCAM Model file (*.art) and a sample ArtCAM Relief file (*.rlf) when replying to this post, I'll convert them both to demonstrate that they can be made compatible with the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 15

Do you mean all of the .art and .rlf files created in version 9 are incompatible with Autodesk 2017 Premium? 

Message 6 of 15
russkuffrey
in reply to: russkuffrey

Do you know the Autodesk refund policy? 

Message 7 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

Do you mean all of the .art and .rlf files created in version 9 are incompatible with Autodesk 2017 Premium? 

Without providing me with a screenshot to illustrate the issue you've encountered when opening an ArtCAM Model file (*.art) or importing an ArtCAM Relief file (*.rlf) in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017, I cannot be certain.

As previously requested, please attach a sample ArtCAM Model file (*.art) and ArtCAM Relief file (*.rlf) when replying to this post.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

Do you know the Autodesk refund policy? 

All Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 products sold on the Autodesk Store are covered by a 30-day money back guarantee. You can click here to contact Autodesk to request a refund for your purchase of a subscription to Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017; you'll require your original order reference when doing so, and I expect you'll find this in your original purchase confirmation email.

That said, I do think it would be premature for you to request a refund without giving Autodesk Support the opportunity to assist with your reported file compatibility issue.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

Please find attached three sample ArtCAM proprietary files. The ArtCAM9TestModel.art and ArtCAM9TestRelief.rlf file originate from ArtCAM Pro 9.126.

You can import the ArtCAM9TestRelief.rlf file into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 without any issues. Provided all of your ArtCAM Relief files (*.rlf) originate from ArtCAM Pro 9, you should have no issue with importing them into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017.

The ArtCAM9TestModel.art file is incompatible with Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017. It is necessary to re-save the file in any version of ArtCAM between 2013.SP2 and 2015 R2.SP3 in order for it to become compatible with Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017. I used the File Convertor add-in in ArtCAM Pro 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860) to convert the ArtCAM9TestModel.art file. The converted file, named ArtCAM9TestModel-Converted.art, opens in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 without any issues. Therefore, it will be necessary to re-save or convert all of your ArtCAM Model files (*.art) originating from ArtCAM Pro 9 in order for you to open them in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 15

I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, we don't have a version 2013 to 2015. We only have Artcam Pro version 2009. It doesn't seem logical that the new version is not backward compatible. Enclosing pic of dongle.

Message 11 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, we don't have a version 2013 to 2015. We only have Artcam Pro version 2009. It doesn't seem logical that the new version is not backward compatible. Enclosing pic of dongle.

Many thanks for sharing the picture of your USB security-protection dongle. Looking at the legacy Delcam customer database, your company's dongle number is ***602.

Initially, you referred to using ArtCAM Pro 9, and now you've mentioned using ArtCAM Pro 2009; these are two entirely different product releases. To confirm what version and build of ArtCAM Pro you're working in, please select the Help > About ArtCAM Pro menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, ArtCAM Pro 2009.SP2a (build 183).

All of the ArtCAM Model files (*.art) originating from ArtCAM 9 and ArtCAM 2009 are encrypted using the USB security-protection dongle. The Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range does not utilize a USB security-protection dongle, and therefore it cannot decrypt the ArtCAM Model files (*.art) originating from ArtCAM 9 or ArtCAM 2009.

Since you do not have a license to use ArtCAM 2013 or ArtCAM 2015 R2, I recommend that you create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account to request assistance with converting your legacy ArtCAM proprietary files.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 15

You mentioned converting Artcam 9 files. I have enclosed one to try.

thank you

Message 13 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

I'll gladly convert your 3640 trucktree.rlf file when I return to the office tomorrow morning; we've finished for the day in the United Kingdom.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 15
Gary.B
in reply to: dillon.moulder

here you go 2017 compatible

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 15 of 15

Hi @russkuffrey,

@russkuffrey wrote:

As you can see, the 3640 trucktree.rlf file converted by @Gary.B imports into Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270) without any issues:

3640trucktree-Imported2017.png

If you require any other ArtCAM Relief files (*.rlf) to be converted, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report