Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machining a rotary model using Mach3

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Kamaupaulchege6876
3505 Views, 14 Replies

Machining a rotary model using Mach3

After designing a rotary object, how do you G-code it to a form mach 3 mill can understand?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Gary.B
in reply to: Kamaupaulchege6876

After toolpathing select save toolpath and the post processor Mach3_Rotary xxxxx (under the machine file format) that suits your indexer set up.

eg X2A axis or Y2A axis in MM or Inches. this will then output your g-code file for Mach

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 3 of 15

Hi @Kamaupaulchege6876,

@Kamaupaulchege6876 wrote:

After designing a rotary object, how do you G-code it to a form mach 3 mill can understand?

Please follow these steps:

1. Create and calculate your toolpaths. Your calculated toolpaths are displayed below the Toolpaths item in the Project tree.
  2. Select either of the post processor options shown in the image below depending on the rotary setup ( X Axis as Rotary OR Y Axis as Rotary) your machine is using; please note both these post processors are in imperial units (inches). 

Image.png

Please let me know if you need the post processors to be configured in metric units (mm).

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 4 of 15
Gary.B
in reply to: shirish.bansude

@shirish.bansude

I had done the metric rotary post last month

Gary

rotary mach3 post.jpg

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 5 of 15

Thank you for your response
I would like like it in mm, kindly advice am not comfortable with inches
Message 6 of 15
Gary.B

the metric post are in the attached file on the above post

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 7 of 15

Kindly send a step to step directive on how i will implement the metric post file into the autodesk.
I was machining a rotatary tool path and only found inches while I best work with mm. Kindly assist
Message 8 of 15
Gary.B

As stated, the metric post are attached in the post I made above, unzip and save to your postp subdirectory.

you will need to restart ArtCam for it to see the new post added

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Kamaupaulchege6876,

@Kamaupaulchege6876 wrote:
Kindly send a step to step directive on how i will implement the metric post file into the autodesk.
I was machining a rotatary tool path and only found inches while I best work with mm.

You need to extract the mach3_rotary_metric.zip file, then copy the extracted Mach3_4-Rotary_X2A_MM.con and Mach3_4-Rotary_Y2A_MM.con files to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2018\postp on your computer.

Afterwards, please restart Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 and select the Mach3_4-Rotary X2A axis (MM)(*.TAP) or Mach3_4-Rotary Y2A axis (MM)(*.TAP) option from the Save Toolpaths dialog's Machine file format list when saving your toolpaths.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 10 of 15

@shirish.bansude wrote:

Hi @Kamaupaulchege6876,

@Kamaupaulchege6876wrote:

Please follow these steps:

1. Create and calculate your toolpaths. Your calculated toolpaths are displayed below the Toolpaths item in the Project tree.
  2. Select either of the post processor options shown in the image below depending on the rotary setup ( X Axis as Rotary OR Y Axis as Rotary) your machine is using; please note both these post processors are in imperial units (inches). 

Image.png

Please let me know if you need the post processors to be configured in metric units (mm).

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Iam looking for mm unit

Message 11 of 15
solodiego
in reply to: Gary.B

hi, can you send me files for post p in artcam 2018 for mach3 in mm, flat and rotary X to A, Y to A? please and if you dont min model master rotary Y to A, and X to A , thanks in advence and good job helping here eveybody. Just in case i cannot see her ur reply , my email is solodiego at hotmail. Thanks.

Message 12 of 15
y.tony
in reply to: solodiego

hello I have a problem for my first rotary job I cannot unwrap the model around the Y axis, i will send the model if anyone can help me find the problem

Message 13 of 15
solodiego
in reply to: ahmadaymanawa

hi guys , i need post files for mach 3 rotary (X to A, Y to A), but in mm ( i have it in inch), can guru here help mw with that , thanks, my email solodiego @ hotmail

Message 14 of 15
y.tony
in reply to: solodiego

Here the files u want can u help me find the solution for my problem

Message 15 of 15

you can do this job in many ways like there are so many options are available here on internet to do this job i mean guidance i also made a rotatory model and took guidance fromhere to do this job that you are wanting to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report