Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
184 Views, 3 Replies

layers

When I open my dxf file on my machine it opens it like nothing is grouped together and like there are different layers. Is there some settings I need to check or what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
prashant.gurav
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@Anonymous wrote:

When I open my dxf file on my machine it opens it like nothing is grouped together and like there are different layers. Is there some settings I need to check or what is going on?

What version and build of ArtCAM Express are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About ArtCAM Express menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, ArtCAM Express 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860).

When exporting vectors in DXF format from ArtCAM Express 2015 R2, grouped vectors are not preserved. The Development team are already aware of this limitation, and there is an existing change request to preserve vector grouping when exporting in DXF format. Therefore, I have added your comments to the existing change request task, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on the Development team's response.

That said, please note that ArtCAM Express has been discontinued since 1st August 2016. You might find this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network article useful.

Thanks in advance for your time and understanding.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: prashant.gurav

64 bit build 813. my brother uses artcam and he can export to dxf and I can open it with no problem. he is using artcam express 2015 64 bit build 261. Can you just send me his build that way I know everything will work and I can get some work done because right now its pretty much useless to me. I know its not your fault just frustrating. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

64 bit build 813.

You aren't using the latest build of ArtCAM Express 2015 R2 available to you.

Please use the following steps to download and install ArtCAM Express 2015 R2.SP3 (build 860):

1. Visit the Autodesk Customer Downloads Centre.
  2. Enter your dongle number and registered email address, then click Submit. A Customer Verification email is sent to your registered email address.
  3. Click the link included in the Customer Verification email to access the Autodesk Customer Downloads Centre.
  4. Click the ArtCAM link in the site's left column to display the customer downloads for ArtCAM.
  5. Click the ArtCAM 2015 R2 Service Pack 3 – Minimal Install link to download the ArtCAM_2015.860.Minimal.exe file. The file is 814 MB (854,261,760 bytes) in size on disk.
  6. Right-click the ArtCAM_2015.860.Minimal.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option to update to ArtCAM Express 2015 R2.SP3 (build 860).

@Anonymous wrote:

my brother uses artcam and he can export to dxf and I can open it with no problem. he is using artcam express 2015 64 bit build 261. Can you just send me his build that way I know everything will work and I can get some work done because right now its pretty much useless to me.

That specific build number is associated with the initial customer release of ArtCAM Express 2015 (Download Only), and you have a licence for ArtCAM Express 2015 R2 (Boxed). The nearest build available to you is ArtCAM Express 2015 (build 244), which is the initial customer release of ArtCAM Express 2015 (Boxed).

Please use the following steps to download and install ArtCAM Express 2015 (build 244):

1. Visit the Autodesk Customer Downloads Centre.
  2. Enter your dongle number and registered email address, then click Submit. A Customer Verification email is sent to your registered email address.
  3. Click the link included in the Customer Verification email to access the Autodesk Customer Downloads Centre.
  4. Click the ArtCAM link in the site's left column to display the customer downloads for ArtCAM.
  5. Click the ArtCAM 2015 – Full Install link to download the ArtCAM_2015.244.Full.zip file. The file is 6.26 GB (6,729,891,840 bytes) in size on disk.
  6. Extract the downloaded ArtCAM_2015.244.Full.zip file on your computer using 7-Zip or WinRAR.
  7. In the extracted ArtCAM_2015.244.Full folder, right-click the Setup.exe file and select the Run as administrator context menu option to install ArtCAM Express 2015 (build 244). Allow the installation process to complete.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report