Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcuts

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mmarchHRJ7T
1546 Views, 6 Replies

Keyboard Shortcuts

Hello,

I am having a small issue with keyboard shortcuts, I have assigned Ctrl + E to be export vectors, this works when on the 2D view but if i am on the 3D view Ctrl + E shortcuts to the envelope distort even though there isn't a keyboard short cut assigned to envelope distort in my customise menu

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum! 

mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

I am having a small issue with keyboard shortcuts, I have assigned Ctrl + E to be export vectors, this works when on the 2D view but if i am on the 3D view Ctrl + E shortcuts to the envelope distort even though there isn't a keyboard short cut assigned to envelope distort in my customise menu

The Ctrl+E keyboard shortcut is reserved for the Envelope Distortion command in the Edit category, as shown below:

Customize-EnvelopeDistortion.png

When you attempt to assign the Ctrl+E keys to the Export command in the Vector category, it is confirmed as being assigned to the Envelope Distortion command and the Assign button is greyed-out, as shown below:

Customize-Export.png

Therefore, please confirm what steps you've followed when working in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 4 (build 268) in order to assign the Ctrl+E keyboard shortcut to the Export command.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards, 

Message 3 of 7

1. unassigning Ctrl+E from envelope distort,
  2. assign Ctrl+E to export vectors,

from this point Ctrl+E Export vectors in the 2D view, but evelope distort in the 3D view.

the same applies if you change Ctrl+I in import vectors, it works in the 2D view but in the 3D view it brings up Inlay Wizard.

basically i think that if the shortcut is standard then that what you're going to get in the 3D view regardless of weather you have changed it in the menu.

Message 4 of 7

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

@mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

1. unassigning Ctrl+E from envelope distort,
  2. assign Ctrl+E to export vectors,

from this point Ctrl+E Export vectors in the 2D view, but envelope distort in the 3D view.

the same applies if you change Ctrl+I in import vectors, it works in the 2D view but in the 3D view it brings up Inlay Wizard.

basically i think that if the shortcut is standard then that what you're going to get in the 3D view regardless of weather you have changed it in the menu.

Please confirm that you used the following steps when using the Customize dialog:

1. Select the Envelope Distortion command from the Edit category list.
  2. Click to select Ctrl+E in the Current Keys box.
  3. Click Remove.
  4. Select the Export command from the Vector category list.
  5. Click the Press New Shortcut Key box.
  6. Press the Ctrl+E keys on your keyboard.
  7. Click Assign.

Using these steps, I can reproduce your reported issue. It would seem as though the Ctrl+E keyboard shortcut is still being reserved for the Envelope Distortion tool when working in the 3D View. I would expect that the intention is that the Ctrl+E keyboard shortcut is permanently reserved to the Envelope Distortion tool, and cannot be assigned to an alternative command; this is because it is referenced in the interface when you select the Edit > Envelope Distortion menu option:

Edit-EnvelopeDistortion.png

I expect that exactly the same applies to the Ctrl+I keyboard shortcut and the Inlay Wizard tool.

I'll report your reported issue to the Development team for further investigation, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on their response.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 7

that is indeed what is did

thanks,

Message 6 of 7

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

@mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

A fix for this issue with custom keyboard shortcuts has been implemented by the Development team, and it will be included as part of a future software update for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 product range. I'll be sure to let you know when this particular software update is available.

Thanks again for your time and patience.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 7

Hi @mmarchHRJ7T,

@mmarchHRJ7T wrote:

The fix for your reported issue is included as part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.1 Update. Please install it, as directed here.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report