Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jwx 10 milling machine for sale!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
isaacsjewellers
779 Views, 9 Replies

Jwx 10 milling machine for sale!

would any one be interested in buying a jwx10 milling machine with all the fixtures and fittings from art cam, its in good condition, hardly been used. you are welcome to see it running. must worn you its not for a novice as you will need some experience of running it.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: isaacsjewellers

Hello, Just curious about this machine,  DId you ever get it fine tuned to XYZ point?   I know you were having issues with it. just wondering if it was tolerance that was giving you problems.  

thanks, Dennis

Message 3 of 10

Hi, to be honest iv just left it to the artcam guys to sort it out because I was told when I was sold it that this was a magical machine that would solve all my problems, but when the money was paid in full, got the machine up and running, i was led to believe that I was at fault buy not having enough experience and I need more training. But just after a few months the table was hitting the chassis Roland guy came out and changed all the belts and realigned everything, Artcam guys came they tinkered with it I try to run it now and again And when it doesn't perform I just give up on it . That's why now just want to get rid of it . I think for me the penny drop when I read the reviews on after I bought it . Your opinion and advice will be very welcomed thank you.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: isaacsjewellers

Hello, Well as I mentioned in an earlier post with you that I hope you can find a good quality used MM machine.  Be sure and ask them what the tolerance is on the machine.  The tolerances on their machines were really tight [both of mine are less than .003"].  This is about .1mm or less and you can create some really tight nice pieces.  It would be a pain to work with less for me, I have gotten spoiled on that.  I could live with .005 I suppose if I had to.   There are some tricks you could use if your machine is not that tight on tolerances but look for the best you can find.   Good luck, Dennis 

Message 5 of 10

Thank you Dennis
Message 6 of 10
craigcis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I guess we all miss the Model Master machines and their wonderful performance.  I personally have a MM1000 and I also have a Neo P-5, which is an even tighter machine than the Model Master ones.  It even has a 5th axis.  Mike Adams built the Neo Line after he left MM and moved to Hong Kong, and he was the driving force behind machine creation at MM, so you know that the P-5 has got to be a good machine.  Sorry to say, but business expenses were so high in HK that Mike was forced to shut that operation down, and there are no new machines being built that can compare with his past creations.  That brings me to my point, which is that I believe that there is a place in the market for a line of machines that are as good or better than the old MM ones.  With that in mind, I have been considering building a machine or two to test the waters.  

We all know about the Revo machines that look pretty, but can't come near the quality of a MM machine.  That's why you see so many Revo's and other brands come up on the market like this, but you hardly ever see Model Master mills for sale, even old ones.

What do you think folks?  Would you like to see some good solid machines back on the market?  Mike and I started the Model Master saga with a little photo etching machine called the Model Master, way back in 1992, so he and I are very close friends, and I will be consulting with him because I don't believe that I could build a quality machine without his advice.

Is this something that might work?  Please let me know.

P.S. I am going to begin a new thread by copying and pasting this little blurb to a new subject line, so you will be able to join this discussion there.

Message 7 of 10
tajs
in reply to: craigcis

Hi Craig, are you familiar with these folks?.....    http://nscnc.com/jewelry-mill-capabilities/

Message 8 of 10
zachary
in reply to: tajs

Old school MM customer here as well. I used to be Zachman on the old forum. I have an old CNC1000 and I wonder if @tajs or @craigcis would be willing to help me with some alighment problems via email or PM?

I might even have one of the light boxes kicking around that @craigcis was talking about. Hmmmm wonder where that went?

Message 9 of 10
dillon.moulder
in reply to: zachary

Hi @zachary,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the new ArtCAM Forum! Many thanks for joining us from the original ArtCAM Forum community.

If there's anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 10
craigcis
in reply to: zachary

Be glad to help. What's the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report