Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jewelsmith/ jwx 10milling machine

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
isaacsjewellers
1130 Views, 20 Replies

Jewelsmith/ jwx 10milling machine

Is there anything for jewellers?
Also is there anyone who can give a bit of advice on jwx 10 milling machine please
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum.

@isaacsjewellers wrote:
Is there anything for jewellers?
Also is there anyone who can give a bit of advice on jwx 10 milling machine please

Please confirm whether you are:

• looking for information regarding compatibility between the Roland JEWELA JWX-10 machine and ArtCAM JewelSmith (such as post processor related issues); or
  • experiencing issues when machining particular types of complex parts using a Roland JEWELA JWX-10 machine.

Please elaborate so that we, or Autodesk Community members with sufficient experience, can suggest accordingly. 

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 3 of 21

Hi shirish thanks for your reply, this has been going on for years since I bought the kit, basically the problem is that every thing I mill is never accurate , It would be milling for hours and at the end it would chop a claw off or one side of the ring would be thinner then the other , I mean this is just the start . The software keeps crashing, iv updated the to the latest version , it stick or a message would come on saying art cam has stopped responding, iv up graded laptops computers I can go on and on, the last thing was that if I went to do the toolpaths there is no response so now Iam just sitting there wondering. Why did i do this!!
Message 4 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers

@isaacsjewellers wrote:
this has been going on for years since I bought the kit, basically the problem is that every thing I mill is never accurate , It would be milling for hours and at the end it would chop a claw off or one side of the ring would be thinner then the other , I mean this is just the start . The software keeps crashing, iv updated the to the latest version , it stick or a message would come on saying art cam has stopped responding, iv up graded laptops computers I can go on and on, the last thing was that if I went to do the toolpaths there is no response so now Iam just sitting there wondering. Why did i do this!!

Sorry for the inconvenience you've encountered.

That said, I can see that you have been using a Roland JEWELA JWX-10 machine alongside ArtCAM JewelSmith since 2012, and Delcam's UK Support team were corresponding with you to resolve any ArtCAM-specific issues over that period of time. 

Please be specific as to what is preventing you from generating toolpaths. In addition, please confirm what or who is not responding.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 5 of 21

That's it nothing ever gets solved. It's just a constant problems one thing after the other.they did get in touch emailed me some things to try . And everything went quiet again. While I have this worry of getting these issues sorted at the same time I have to run my business . I haven't got a team of 10 that i can ask to chase people, I have to chase people my self. It's very frustrating to say the least.
Message 6 of 21

And before you say anything about subscription, I did have it completely waist of time, at the end I got told it will never be perfect.
Message 7 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

@isaacsjewellers wrote:
That's it nothing ever gets solved. It's just a constant problems one thing after the other.they did get in touch emailed me some things to try . And everything went quiet again. While I have this worry of getting these issues sorted at the same time I have to run my business . I haven't got a team of 10 that i can ask to chase people, I have to chase people my self. It's very frustrating to say the least.

Who contacted you, when, and what were you asked to do exactly? Please provide further information, so that we can try to troubleshoot your issues.

Looking at the customer database, your Delcam maintenance agreement ended on 31st October 2015; this might explain why there was a limited level of support available to you.

In case you weren't already aware, Autodesk acquired Delcam on 6th February 2014 and Delcam was absorbed into Autodesk on 1st August 2016. The Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range was released in August 2016.  ArtCAM JewelSmith is not part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range, and the product has been discontinued. You might find this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network article useful.

@isaacsjewellers wrote:
The software keeps crashing, iv updated the to the latest version , it stick or a message would come on saying art cam has stopped responding, iv up graded laptops computers I can go on and on, the last thing was that if I went to do the toolpaths there is no response

What version and build of ArtCAM JewelSmith are you working in now? To confirm this, select the Help > About ArtCAM JewelSmith menu option in your ArtCAM JewelSmith software. For example, ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860).

In the event of a crash, we have configured ArtCAM to store information about its circumstances in a single file. This is known as a MiniDump. A MiniDump file (*.dmp) is particularly useful to the Development Team, as it enables us to examine what was happening at the exact point of the crash; this greatly improves the chance of identifying and fixing a rare or random crash that cannot be reproduced.

Please use the following steps to retrieve a MiniDump file:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %TEMP%in the Address bar, and then press Enter.
  2. From Windows Explorer's list of folders and files, double-click the ArtCAM_MiniDump folder to display its contents.
  3. Identify the MiniDump file (*.dmp) you want to retrieve. Each MiniDump file is named using the following convention:Dump-<year-month-day>-<hour-minute-second>-<ArtCAM version>-<build number>-<bit version>.dmp.

For example, if the MiniDump file is named Dump-20170308-013000-2015-860-64.dmp, we know that it was created on 8th March 2017 at 01:30:00 local time, and originates from ArtCAM 2015.860 64-bit.

Please zip the MiniDump file (*.dmp) and attach it when replying to this post so that, if necessary, it can be submitted to the Development team for further investigation.

What graphics card do you have installed on the computer on which you encountered these issues in ArtCAM JewelSmith? Please check and confirm. You can use the following steps to provide this information:

1. Select Start > Run. A Run dialog is displayed.
  2. In Open box, type dxdiag, then click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool is displayed.
  3. Click the Save all Information button to save all of the information as a text file; attach the *.txt file when replying to this post.

What are your toolpath settings, and what post processor are you selecting when saving your toolpaths? Please confirm. If possible, attach the ArtCAM Model file (*.art) or ArtCAM Project file (*.3dp) in which you are working when replying to this post. Alternatively, please send the file by email to artcam-online-support@autodesk.com instead.

There are several topics on the old ArtCAM Forum discussing the use of the Roland JEWELA JWX-10 machine alongside ArtCAM JewelSmith that you might find helpful.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 21

THANK YOU !! i uninstalled it and re installed every thing and it has stopped crashing and all the tool path files are back i did do what you said about up dating , it seems to work now trying to solve the jwx10 problem.

how do i import stl or 3dm files i have  tried but its saying some files are not importing due to there file type 

please thank you

Message 9 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

@isaacsjewellers wrote:

THANK YOU !! i uninstalled it and re installed every thing and it has stopped crashing and all the tool path files are back i did do what you said about up dating , it seems to work now trying to solve the jwx10 problem.

how do i import stl or 3dm files i have  tried but its saying some files are not importing due to there file type 

I'm pleased to hear that you're working in the latest version and build of ArtCAM JewelSmith available to you, and that this has resolved some of your reported issues.

Select the Reliefs > Import 3D Model menu option in an open ArtCAM model to import triangle or surface model files.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 21

Hi dillon, hope you well.

will you be able to tell me if a 3d printer needs its own software to print or is it built in to artcam jewelsmith.

the reason i ask is iam interested in a 3d printer.

thank you 

Message 11 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

isaacsjewellers wrote:

will you be able to tell me if a 3d printer needs its own software to print or is it built in to artcam jewelsmith.

the reason i ask is iam interested in a 3d printer.

Please provide further information about the make and model of 3D printer you are interested in buying so that we can advise.

Most 3D printers support the STL file format (*.stl), and you can export reliefs and assemblies from ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2 in this format.

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 21

hi dillon, once i have imported the file i cant seem to line it in place to do the tool paths, it is for a ring, flat milling and rotary i have tried positioning the model in few different ways but not having much luck shine some light please thanks saj

Message 13 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

@isaacsjewellers wrote:

once i have imported the file i cant seem to line it in place to do the tool paths, it is for a ring, flat milling and rotary i have tried positioning the model in few different ways but not having much luck shine some light please

What file have you imported, and how? What tools are you using in ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860) to reposition the imported model? Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating what you are attempting to do with the imported file; you can embed screencasts in your posts using the instructions given here.

In addition, please attach your ArtCAM Project file (*.3dp) or ArtCAM Model file (*.art) and the file you're trying to import when replying to this post.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 21

Hi it is a stl file from rhino please find attached file, it was imported by clicking assembly and then import file, i have downloaded the screencast but it wont record, message coming up windows not set on Aero display theme is Disabled. i dont know what that is

thanks  

Message 15 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

@isaacsjewellers wrote:

it is a stl file from rhino please find attached file, it was imported by clicking assembly and then import file

Many thanks for sharing your Export__031717125613.stl file. However, you have not attached your ArtCAM Model file (*.art) or ArtCAM Project file (*.3dp), as requested.

@isaacsjewellers wrote:

i have downloaded the screencast but it wont record, message coming up windows not set on Aero display theme is Disabled. i dont know what that is

You can find information about the Windows Aero theme here. Is there a specific reason why you're not using the Windows Aero theme? In order for Autodesk Screencast to capture footage, Desktop Composition needs to be enabled on your computer; the Windows Aero theme does this. You can find information about enabling and disabling Desktop Composition on a Windows 7 computer here.

When you have read this information and adjusted your settings in Windows, please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating what you are attempting to do with the imported file; you can embed screencasts in your posts using the instructions given here.

Kind regards,

Message 16 of 21

hi that's how i'am importing it and trying to do tool paths:

Message 17 of 21

hi i  have the same problem again, about the tool paths. there are no tool paths in the artcam folder. 

Message 18 of 21

Hi @isaacsjewellers,

@isaacsjewellers wrote:

i have the same problem again, about the tool paths. there are no tool paths in the artcam folder. 

You haven't attached your ArtCAM Project file (*.3dp) yet, so please do so.

If I recall correctly, @zen71001 has been using ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2 alongside a Roland JEWELA JWX-10, so perhaps he'd be kind enough to share his recommendations for your set up.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 19 of 21

hi when i am importing a file stl or 3dm format, in artcam jewellsmith i am unable to do so.

I have noticed it doesn't have them in the list of files artcam is able to open anymore .

please advise on the matter thank you.

Message 20 of 21
tajs
in reply to: isaacsjewellers

Open a new project, right click Assembly, click import and then navigate to your stl.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report