Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface display problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nicho135
696 Views, 3 Replies

interface display problem

I have installed ArtCAM 2017 on 7 computers in a lab.  For 5 of the 7 computers, the interface is not displaying correctly -- the icons are somewhat offset from the buttons on the toolbar.  See attached screenshot.  2 of the computers look fine.  I can't figure out what is different about those two computers (they are identical hardware/software configurations).  No other software has presented this problem.  Uninstalling/reinstalling ArtCAM or updating to Service Pack 5 didn't make a difference.  Switching between Standard/Advanced/Classic layouts, or toggling the visibility of various toolbars doesn't help.

The computers are iMacs running Windows 10 with Bootcamp.  Has anyone seen this type of problem before?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: nicho135

Hi @nicho135,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@nicho135 wrote:

I have installed ArtCAM 2017 on 7 computers in a lab.  For 5 of the 7 computers, the interface is not displaying correctly -- the icons are somewhat offset from the buttons on the toolbar.  See attached screenshot.  2 of the computers look fine.  I can't figure out what is different about those two computers (they are identical hardware/software configurations).  No other software has presented this problem.  Uninstalling/reinstalling ArtCAM or updating to Service Pack 5 didn't make a difference.  Switching between Standard/Advanced/Classic layouts, or toggling the visibility of various toolbars doesn't help.

The computers are iMacs running Windows 10 with Bootcamp.  Has anyone seen this type of problem before?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Please confirm what display resolution setting you are using on the five of your seven Windows 10 virtual machines where you've encountered these interface issues by selecting Start > Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings. In addition, select Advanced sizing of text and other items > set a custom scaling level and confirm your Custom sizing options. Please provide screenshots to illustrate.

If you have a Ultra HD 4K monitor, you might find this topic useful.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4
nicho135
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Thanks, that helped!  The iMacs have 5K displays.  The display magnification was set to 175%, and when I changed it to 200%, that fixed the problem.

Message 4 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: nicho135

Hi @nicho135,

@nicho135 wrote:

Thanks, that helped!  The iMacs have 5K displays.  The display magnification was set to 175%, and when I changed it to 200%, that fixed the problem.

I'm pleased to hear that your display issues have now been resolved. Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report