Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I choose the correct version of ArtCAM for my work(ArtCAMexpress/pro/...)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5840 Views, 6 Replies

How do I choose the correct version of ArtCAM for my work(ArtCAMexpress/pro/...)

3ef18077ef8e91bac51bcb06788ca4fe.jpg4b7ff84d3b11e8dbceaaf69133dd229b.jpg5cf1a777f23b5515c3b6c5bed675392e.jpgCarved-Wood-Panels-39.jpgchina_wood_cnc_router_XK45X-Z.jpgCNC_woodworking_machine_NC_R1325_634594786838244453_3.jpgdesigner-bed-016-250x250.jpgfce1576575815009ab98d3fa997377b0.jpgHTB1w9ZGGpXXXXXpaFXXq6xXFXXXz.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgMulti_spindle_cnc_router_for_Woodworking_FY1313_4_5695_4.jpg

Hi!

I am planning to set up a furniture manufacturing unit.

I also want to make some exclusive home decor items.

But I am not being able to select which ArtCAM version I should use( ArtCAM standard/ ArtCAM 2011/ ArtCAM  2017/ ArtCAM express/ ArtCAM  pro

/ ArtCAM  jewelsmith....).

I have attached some files please take a look to get an idea of my work .

Secondly I have a plan to buy a CNC ROUTER to give it a shape and here also I am in a complete dilemma.

Which company and model of CNC ROUTER is cheap and best in this field to do that kind of work.

Should I choose a 3axis or 4 axis ROUTER? Or.....only 5 axis router can do this kind of works?

I am eagerly waiting for the answer because I live in an interior place of INDIA where CNC ROUTER and its DRIVING SOFTWARE are very new .

I have no one to help me out.

with regards,

Nabanit Mukherjee

Jalpaiguri,West Bengal

INDIA

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not being able to select which ArtCAM version I should use( ArtCAM standard/ ArtCAM 2011/ ArtCAM  2017/ ArtCAM express/ ArtCAM  pro

/ ArtCAM  jewelsmith....).

You cannot buy ArtCAM 2011; the product was discontinued several years ago.

You cannot buy ArtCAM Express, ArtCAM Pro or ArtCAM JewelSmith; all three products are not part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 range, and have been discontinued.

You can compare the different products in the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 range here.

I'd suggest that you would need Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 for creating and machining all of the types of pieces shown in your supplied images.

At this moment in time, there is no online Autodesk Store serving customers in India, so it will not be possible for you to purchase a monthly or annual subscription to Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 or Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017. When this situation changes, I'll be sure to let you know.

Many thanks for your interest in Autodesk ArtCAM software.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Now as you said no online AUTODAESK storesare serving Indian customers.... At this point of time should I choose any other relevant software for my work or there is a way to get in touch with you?
Message 4 of 7
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:
Now as you said no online AUTODESK stores are serving Indian customers.... At this point of time should I choose any other relevant software for my work or there is a way to get in touch with you?

A new Autodesk Store serving India was launched this week. At this moment in time, there is a limited selection of products available to buy from the store; Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 is not one of these products.

As and when Autodesk ArtCAM is available to buy from the Autodesk Store, I'll be sure to let you know. You can find contact information for Autodesk India here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I am really grateful to you for giving me a ray of hope regarding my interest.
Sir I have time and I will wait for your kind cooperation.
Actually I have applied for a loan to setup a manufacturing unit and I have to wait for that.
One last thing - would you please guide me how I can learn artcam standard 2017 to work with CNC ROUTER.
With kind regards
Nabanit Mukherjee
OR NOTHING
INDIA

Sent from my Sony Xper
Message 6 of 7
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:
One last thing - would you please guide me how I can learn artcam standard 2017 to work with CNC ROUTER.

An Autodesk Manufacturing University course for Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 will be available soon.

If you have any questions regarding Autodesk Manufacturing University, please send them by email to university@delcam.com.

If you want to know if a post-processor for your CNC machine is included as part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range, please confirm the make and model of your CNC machine, as well as details of any controller software you are using.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 7
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:
Now as you said no online AUTODESK stores are serving Indian customers.... At this point of time should I choose any other relevant software for my work or there is a way to get in touch with you?

@dillon.moulder wrote:

As and when Autodesk ArtCAM is available to buy from the Autodesk Store, I'll be sure to let you know. You can find contact information for Autodesk India here.

I'm pleased to confirm that you can now purchase a monthly or annual subscription for Autodesk ArtCAM Standard from the Autodesk Store in India. Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report