Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with Screen Tips (I think)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
534 Views, 4 Replies

Having trouble with Screen Tips (I think)

When I hover over a button, I get a rectangle that pops up to tell me what the tool is. screen tip.jpg

My problem is that this does not happen if that same button is in a custom toolbar.  The only setting I've found that may correspond to that is the Screen Tips, which I do have enabled.  Is that what I should be looking for, or is there another setting?

In Artcam 2015, all the buttons showed up with the information rectangle, and I'd like the same behavior in 2017 Premium too.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

When I hover over a button, I get a rectangle that pops up to tell me what the tool is.

My problem is that this does not happen if that same button is in a custom toolbar.  The only setting I've found that may correspond to that is the Screen Tips, which I do have enabled.  Is that what I should be looking for, or is there another setting?

In Artcam 2015, all the buttons showed up with the information rectangle, and I'd like the same behavior in 2017 Premium too.

Many thanks for reporting this issue with ScreenTips missing from custom toolbars. I can reproduce this issue in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238), so I'll report it to the Development team for further investigation. I'll be sure to keep you updated on their response.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

When I hover over a button, I get a rectangle that pops up to tell me what the tool is

A fix for this issue has been implemented by the Development team, and this will be included as part of a future software update. I'll be sure to let you know when this is available to download.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 5
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

When I hover over a button, I get a rectangle that pops up to tell me what the tool is

The fix for your reported issue is included as part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.1 Update. Please install it, as directed here.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report