Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Instructables ArtCAM Class

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dillon.moulder
3878 Views, 10 Replies

Free Instructables ArtCAM Class

We'd like to invite beginners to Autodesk ArtCAM Standard to enroll for a free online class on the Instructables website.

Over eight lessons, the class provides you with the essentials for creating projects in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard, ranging from simple 2D cut-outs to complex textured reliefs.

Although the class is directed at users of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard, much of the material will benefit users of the free version of Autodesk ArtCAM.

Kind regards,

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for posting the link to the courses.  As I began lesson 1, it wanted me to load a file from the "traning Data Files", which weren't installed on my computer when I installed Artcam yesterday.  I did a search on my entire system (all drives) for the file and it wasn't found.  Are these data files something that needs to be downloaded separately?  I'm stuck and I haven't even finished step one of lesson 1.  Not a good omen.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 11

At the bottom of the lesson instructions it has the zip file needed for that lesson that needs downloading.

zip.png

Message 4 of 11

Excellent.  Thanks for that.  I hadn't worked my way down through the whole thing to look at what was at the bottom.  I'm used to Lynda.com where all of the needed files are at the top.  But it works, so thanks.

Message 5 of 11

Hi @ngarrettT556D,

@ngarrettT556D wrote:

Excellent.  Thanks for that.  I hadn't worked my way down through the whole thing to look at what was at the bottom.  I'm used to Lynda.com where all of the needed files are at the top.  But it works, so thanks.

I'm glad to hear that you're now able to use the training data files along with the lessons. Good luck with your Instructables ArtCAM Class!

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 6 of 11
kagey60
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Hi,

I'm new to all this, and trying to use ArtCAM 2018 with the Instructibles first class.

On opening the flourish file as instructed, I had the attached error message. (Not sure if this has any bearing on my query though, I'm using Windows 10.)

When I get to the "Open Shape Editor" function I cannot find the button/link. I have searched the Help files which tell me where to find it, but it's not there!

Is it no longer available in the free 2018 version?

Please help, thanks in anticipation.

Karen

Message 7 of 11
Gary.B
in reply to: kagey60

@kagey60

@kagey60 wrote:

I'm new to all this, and trying to use ArtCAM 2018 with the Instructibles first class.

On opening the flourish file as instructed, I had the attached error message. (Not sure if this has any bearing on my query though, I'm using Windows 10.)

When I get to the "Open Shape Editor" function I cannot find the button/link. I have searched the Help files which tell me where to find it, but it's not there!

Is it no longer available in the free 2018 version?

The free version does not include the Shape Editor nor other Relief Creation tools. You would need at least ArtCAM Standard, which you can download a trial version of here.

Also, check out the ArtCAM Feature Comparison here.

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 8 of 11

I want to learn how to use artcam and also want to become a trainer of it please help.
Message 9 of 11

Hi @huzaifazain36,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum.

@huzaifazain36 wrote:
I want to learn how to use artcam and also want to become a trainer of it please help.

I suggest that you begin by downloading and installing the 30-day trial version of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard from here and complete the Instructables ArtCAM Class using it.

To start the journey to becoming an independent ArtCAM trainer, you’ll need to spend time getting familiar with the software interface and using all of the available tools, of which there are many.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 11

thanks man

Message 11 of 11

The following informational links parsed for the ArtCAM Class is explanatory and good to know about.Even I am also undergoing with the relevant situation.I am also undergoing with the ample number of issues regarding the blackmagic. I am not getting at all any image when I am adding the Intensity Shuttle as a shot in Wirecast 8.3, in Black Magic Media Express. If also I am getting an image but in Wirecast I do not get any possible settings since all the fields are blank.I am facing problem for the Arlo too.I have followed out the manuals as required for https://netgears.support/arlo-security-camera-review/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report