Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash 2017,199 while crop border

53 REPLIES 53
SOLVED
Message 1 of 54
tomas.sliauteris
1062 Views, 53 Replies

Crash 2017,199 while crop border

Dear Autodesk,

Please take next repetable crash test and video.

http://autode.sk/2hblCrc

Files will be send by we transfer to Adam Rogalinski, Adam Barycki & Karl Kalamägi.

53 REPLIES 53
Message 41 of 54

Hi @tomas.sliauteris & @karl,

tomas.sliauteris wrote:

Please take next repetable crash test and video.

Files will be send by we transfer to Adam Rogalinski, Adam Barycki & Karl Kalamägi.

The Development team have implemented a fix for this issue, and it will be included as part of a future software update for the ArtCAM 2017 product range. At this moment in time, I do not have a scheduled release date for this update, but I'll be sure to let you know as and when I do.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

Message 42 of 54

Ok seeing as to how just about everything I do on this machine causes a crash with ArtCAM and maybe its the version of Windows 10 Im using. Would this be beneficial for me to downgrade to Windows 7?

Message 43 of 54

Hi @sonicpaint92,

@sonicpaint92 wrote:

Ok seeing as to how just about everything I do on this machine causes a crash with ArtCAM and maybe its the version of Windows 10 Im using. Would this be beneficial for me to downgrade to Windows 7?

The Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range is supported on the Windows 10 operating system, as documented in the software's system requirements. Therefore, I do not recommend that you downgrade your computer's operating system to Windows 7.

Please allow the Development team time to analyse the ArtCAM MiniDump files (*.dmp) you've submitted to Autodesk Support when you've encountered a crash while working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 44 of 54

Ok, thanks Dillon

Message 45 of 54

Hi @sonicpaint92,

@sonicpaint92 wrote:
have the developers had any luck

All of your supplied ArtCAM MiniDump files (Dump-20161220-173245-2017-238-64.dmp, Dump-20161218-115038-2017-238-64.dmp, Dump-20161210-190949-2017-199-64.dmp and Dump-20161215-161843-2017-238-64.dmp) indicate that the crashes in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 result from your NVIDIA display driver (nvoglv64.dll).

Therefore, please complete the following steps on your computer:

1. Download and install the latest display driver for your specific NVIDIA graphics card from here.
  2. In Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238), select the Edit > 3D Graphics Options menu option to display the 3D Graphics Options panel.
  3. Select the OpenGL Drawing Mode area's Complete OpenGL 2 Support option.
  4. Select the Relief Rendering area's Use flat shading check box.
  5. Select the Offscreen Rendering area's Use Framebuffer Objects check box.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Click Close

Please let me know if updating your NVIDIA graphics card's display driver resolves your issue. When doing so, please confirm what model of NVIDIA graphics card you have installed on your computer, and what display driver version you have installed. To do so, you can run the System Information Finder tool on your computer, and attach the three output files (*.txt) when replying to this post.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards, 

Message 46 of 54

Dillon, I already have the latest driver for the graphics card and the settings in ArtCAM to what you suggested. Im attaching the 3 files hopefully these will shed some light. Thank you again for the support.

Message 47 of 54

Hi @sonicpaint92,

@sonicpaint92 wrote:

I already have the latest driver for the graphics card and the settings in ArtCAM to what you suggested. I'm attaching the 3 files hopefully these will shed some light. Thank you again for the support.

Many thanks for supplying your three System Information Finder output files. Your computer has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M graphics card and integrated Intel HD Graphics 530. In order to confirm which of them Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238) is currently utilizing, please complete the following steps:

1. Start Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238).
  2. Create or open a model.
  3. Select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option. The About box is displayed.
  4. Click the Save Information button. The Save As dialog is displayed.
  5. Type Information in the File name box.
  6. Click Save. An Information.txt file is saved to your computer. 

Please attach the Information.txt file when replying to this post. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 48 of 54

Dillon attached is the file. Thanks again

Message 49 of 54

Hi @sonicpaint92,

@sonicpaint92 wrote:

attached is the file.

Many thanks for supplying your information.txt file.

Looking at the file, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238) is definitely utilizing the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M graphics card installed on your ASUS X550VX laptop and you do have the latest NVIDIA display driver installed (376.33). 

Have you already tried disabling the Intel HD Graphics 530 on your ASUS X550VX laptop? Please confirm.

Kind regards,

Message 50 of 54

I tried to disable it but the screen got crazy on me and I re-enabled it. Now last night I right clicked on ArtCAM and selected run with graphics processor and selected the nvidia card and it went well doing it that way.

Message 51 of 54

Hi @sonicpaint92,

@sonicpaint92 wrote:

I tried to disable it but the screen got crazy on me and I re-enabled it. Now last night I right clicked on ArtCAM and selected run with graphics processor and selected the nvidia card and it went well doing it that way.

The reason I asked about disabling the integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 is that there could be the potential for it to interfere with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M card during your Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 session.

Ensuring that Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 is always using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M card should avoid the issues you've reported. Therefore, when starting Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238), please right-click the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 shortcut and select the Run with graphics processor > High-performance NVIDIA processor (default) option to force it to run with the NVIDIA GPU instead of the Intel GPU.

If you should encounter any further crashes when starting Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238) using this method, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Message 52 of 54

I will keep you posted and thanks again for everything you and your team have done to correct this issue. Danny Quinn

Message 53 of 54

@sonicpaint92 wrote:

I will keep you posted and thanks again for everything you and your team have done to correct this issue. Danny Quinn

No problem at all, @sonicpaint92. Hopefully, you won't encounter further crashes when working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017, but we'll be ready to assist if you do.

Kind regards,

Message 54 of 54

Hi @tomas.sliauteris,

tomas.sliauteris wrote:

Please take next repeatable crash test and video.

The fix for your reported issue is included in the fourth service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. Please download and install it, and then be kind enough to accept this post as a solution.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report