Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Layout Toolsettings frame

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
chorn
636 Views, 13 Replies

Classic Layout Toolsettings frame

Hello,

There seems to be and issue with the Toolsettings frame when using the Classic layout. The problem being it doesn't appear, rendering all the tools useless.  the tool activates and the ArtCAM interface behaves as if you have the tool open, i.e. the shape editor greys everything out, or the rectangle tool allows you to draw a rectangle with the mouse but because the frame isn't there you can't enter any values for the rectangle.

thanks,

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
prashant.gurav
in reply to: chorn

Hi @chorn,

Thanks for contacting Autodesk.

@chorn wrote:

There seems to be and issue with the Toolsettings frame when using the Classic layout. The problem being it doesn't appear, rendering all the tools useless.  the tool activates and the ArtCAM interface behaves as if you have the tool open, i.e. the shape editor greys everything out, or the rectangle tool allows you to draw a rectangle with the mouse but because the frame isn't there you can't enter any values for the rectangle.

What version and build of ArtCAM are you referring to? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 2 (build 199).

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating this particular issue.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 3 of 14
chorn
in reply to: prashant.gurav

autodesk Version.JPG

Message 4 of 14
dillon.moulder

Hi @chorn,

chorn wrote:

Please follow these steps:

1. Shut down Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 2 (build 199).
  2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2017\Exec on your computer.
  3. Right-click the ResetArtCAM2017Workspace.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option.
  4. Restart Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 2 (build 199).

Please confirm whether these steps have resolved your reported interface issue when using the Classic layout in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 2 (build 199). Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 14
chorn

screencast :

Message 6 of 14
chorn
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Reloading the workspace worked but on closing and reopening ArtCAM the problem comes back.

Message 7 of 14
prashant.gurav

Hi @chorn,

Thanks for this quick update and for sharing your Autodesk Screencast.

I will test this behavior at my end and will get back to you with my findings.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 8 of 14
dillon.moulder

Hi @chorn,

@chorn wrote:

screencast :  http://autode.sk/2eC9tKl

@chorn wrote:

Reloading the workspace worked but on closing and reopening ArtCAM the problem comes back.

When using the default Classic layout, the Assistant and Tool Settings panels share the same container on the left of the interface. The Tool Settings tab is only displayed in this container when you select a tool that utilizes it.

Looking at your screencast, the Toolbox panel is sharing the same container as the Assistant panel, so this is not the default Classic layout. Therefore, please follow these steps:

1. Select the Window > Layout > Standard menu option.
  2. Select the Window > Layout > Classic menu option.
  3. Select the Create Rectangle tool to confirm that the Tool Settings panel is displayed in the same container as the Assistant panel. 

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 14
chorn

I am aware that the frame appears behind the assistant but that isn't where I want it. The frame disappears when it is moved.

see screencast.

here is how we had 2015:

2015 screen layout1.JPG

Message 10 of 14
chorn

screen cast 2 :

Message 11 of 14
dillon.moulder

Hi @chorn,

@chorn wrote:

The frame disappears when it is moved.

Although I'm unable to reproduce this behaviour on my Windows 10 computer, I've reported this interface defect to the Development team for further investigation. I'll be sure to keep you updated on their response.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 14
chorn

Hello,

Just revisiting this issue as we have upgraded a couple of PCs to windows 10 and we are still getting this issue. still can't use ArtCAM 2017 for production.

Message 13 of 14
dillon.moulder

Hi @chorn,

@chorn wrote:

Just revisiting this issue as we have upgraded a couple of PCs to windows 10 and we are still getting this issue. still can't use ArtCAM 2017 for production.

The Development team are already aware of this issue. As and when a fix has been implemented and is available as part of a future software update, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 14

Hi @chorn

@chorn wrote:

The additional fix for this issue is included in the fourth service pack for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. Please download and install it, and then be kind enough to accept this post as a solution.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report