Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Autodesk ArtCAM

299 REPLIES 299
Message 1 of 300
dillon.moulder
15427 Views, 299 Replies

Changes to Autodesk ArtCAM

We regret to inform you that on July 7, 2018, ArtCAM will be discontinued with no planned future releases or updates. This change will have the following implications for subscribers and customers with active maintenance plans:

• As of February 7, 2018, customers will no longer be able to purchase a new ArtCAM subscription.
  • Maintenance Plan and Subscription renewals for ArtCAM will continue to be available until July 7, 2018.
  • Customers who have purchased a perpetual license of ArtCAM will continue to own and have full usage rights for that license.
  • You can continue to get ArtCAM support from Autodesk until November 1, 2018, by logging in to your Autodesk Account, selecting ArtCAM from the Support section, and submitting a ticket via email.  Please note this support is only available in English.
  • Although support from Autodesk will expire on November 1, 2018, you can continue to access self-service support via the Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN) and peer-to-peer support via the Autodesk Community’s ArtCAM Forum.

For more information, please read the FAQ.

299 REPLIES 299
Message 2 of 300
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Hi Dillon,

We at Acsys Lasertechnik UK Ltd (ArtCAM Master Re-seller) are very disappointed to hear this news. Both Paul Smith and I (Ex ArtCAM Sales Representatives for Delcam) have been actively involved, in sales, support, training and development of the ArtCAM products for more than 15 years and find this decision to cease the production and development of a fantastic product mind boggling.

If there are any ArtCAM users who may need some kind of support/training we will be happy to discuss their requirements.

Feel free to contact us here: m.hemmings@acsyslaser.co.uk

p.smith@acsyslaser.co.uk

Acsys Lasertechnik UK Ltd: https://acsyslaser.co.uk/ 

As a side note Paul and I would like to thank you for all of the hard work you have done whilst supporting ArtCAM past and present. I am sure many of your Forum followers will agree.

Message 3 of 300

@dillon.moulder wrote:

We regret to inform you that on July 7, 2018, ArtCAM will be discontinued with no planned future releases or updates. This change will have the following implications for subscribers and customers with active maintenance plans:

• As of February 7, 2018, customers will no longer be able to purchase a new ArtCAM subscription.
  • Maintenance Plan and Subscription renewals for ArtCAM will continue to be available until July 7, 2018.
  • Customers who have purchased a perpetual license of ArtCAM will continue to own and have full usage rights for that license.
  • You can continue to get ArtCAM support from Autodesk until November 1, 2018, by logging in to your Autodesk Account, selecting ArtCAM from the Support section, and submitting a ticket via email.  Please note this support is only available in English.
  • Although support from Autodesk will expire on November 1, 2018, you can continue to access self-service support via the Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN) and peer-to-peer support via the Autodesk Community’s ArtCAM Forum.

Thank you for letting everyone know Dillon

I am so glad I was part of the ArtCAM program .it changed my life and that of many other lives as well  .. Brian you made a great product and it was greatly improved through the years I am so sad to see it die .. 

A big kiss and hug  to all of the brains and developers who worked on the software for all these years to make it so great  

Thank you all again

to all my friends

CHEERS 

verbal instructions cannot be read, so write it down.
Message 4 of 300

@dillon.moulder wrote:

Friends and colleagues, it is never easy to say goodbye to a great product such as ArtCAM. I haven't been around it as long as others but it doesn't take much time to appreciate the unique abilities of the product and also the people using it. 

Over my years working with you all, I have had some great conversations, met some extremely talented people and seen some really amazing things.

@dillon.moulder, @Chetan.Bankar and myself will do our best to continue to provide you with the support and help that you all need during this final stretch of support coverage. 

As always, if you need anything or have any questions, please let us know.

Cheers,

Jonathan Artiss
Application Engineer
Submitting & Viewing Support Requests | Web Support | Phone Support
Message 5 of 300

Wow this is very sad. I have really enjoyed ArtCAM. Will there be anything to take it's place?

Message 6 of 300

Hi @sonicpaint92,

@sonicpaint92 wrote:

Will there be anything to take it's place?

I’m not aware of any plans for Autodesk to recreate ArtCAM, and you might want to look into Fusion 360. If you have any questions following today’s announcement that aren’t answered in the FAQ, please feel free to ask them here and send them by email to artcam.support@autodesk.com.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kindest regards,

Message 7 of 300
bgoodman4
in reply to: jonathan.artiss

Hi Dillon, I am very sorry to hear this news. I guess this means that if a dongle breaks we are out of luck,,,,,or is there something that can be done about this going forward?

Message 8 of 300
dillon.moulder
in reply to: bgoodman4

Hi @bgoodman4,

@bgoodman4 wrote:

I guess this means that if a dongle breaks we are out of luck,,,,,or is there something that can be done about this going forward?

The options regarding replacement dongles have already been discussed here and in other topics on the Autodesk Community’s ArtCAM Forum. The FAQ confirms that support for Autodesk ArtCAM products and legacy Delcam ArtCAM licenses ends on 1st November 2018, so I would not expect any exceptions to be made for dongles originally supplied by Delcam.

If you have any questions following today’s announcement that aren’t answered in the FAQ, please feel free to ask them here and send them by email to artcam.support@autodesk.com.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kindest regards,

Message 9 of 300
bgoodman4

Thank you for your reply but the link does not ans the question I am asking.

The link says that dongles will be available if they break or are stolen.

My question, is more along the line of (and I think you ans it with the following),,,,"support for Autodesk ArtCAM products and legacy Delcam ArtCAM licenses ends on 1st November 2018, so I would not expect any exceptions to be made for dongles originally supplied by Delcam.".

This I take to mean that if my dongle breaks after Nov 1st I will be out of luck. I am just asking so I am sure where I stand.

This now brings up the question of can I purchase a stand alone copy of the latest release. I have built my business on ArtCAM and am rather dismayed that I might have a situation where my business is dead because of a broken or stolen dongle.

Message 10 of 300

So does this mean if I'd moved to subscription, my license could be turned off when Autodesk feel like it? That sucks...

Message 11 of 300
dillon.moulder

Hi @bgoodman4,

@bgoodman4 wrote:

Thank you for your reply but the link does not answer the question I am asking.

The link says that dongles will be available if they break or are stolen.

My question, which I think you answered with,,,,"support for Autodesk ArtCAM products and legacy Delcam ArtCAM licenses ends on 1st November 2018, so I would not expect any exceptions to be made for dongles originally supplied by Delcam.".

This I take to mean that if my dongle breaks after Nov 1st I will be out of luck. I am just asking so I am sure where I stand.

This now brings up the question of can I purchase a stand alone copy of the latest release. I have built my business on ArtCAM and am rather dismayed that I might have a situation where my business is dead because of a broken or stolen dongle.

You do not have an active maintenance plan or subscription for an Autodesk ArtCAM product, so it would not be possible for you to request a replacement dongle from Autodesk on or before 1st November 2018; you aren’t an Autodesk customer.

Autodesk no longer sell new perpetual licenses or maintenance plans for any of their products. Today marks the end-of-sale for new subscriptions to Autodesk ArtCAM products, so it will not be possible for you to purchase a new subscription to Autodesk ArtCAM Standard or Autodesk ArtCAM Premium.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 300
bgoodman4

Thats what I thought Dillon, sorry to hear it but I understand.

It is a shame, Autodesk could probably sell a bunch of perpetual licenses to old time AC Delcam customers before killing the program. Seems like a no brainer.

I guess what I am asking is would there be a point at this time of me becoming an Autodesk customer and buying a perpetual license. THis would enable me to continue running my business without being dependent on the integrity of the dongle.

Message 13 of 300
dillon.moulder

Hi @bgoodman4,

@bgoodman4 wrote:

Thats what I thought Dillon, sorry to hear it but I understand.

It is a shame, Autodesk could probably sell a bunch of perpetual licenses to old time AC Delcam customers before killing the program. Seems like a no brainer to me but then I never understood Delcam or Autodesks policies and treatment of their customers. I feel especially bad for recent purchasers who invested time and money into the program and now will have nothing.

You cannot buy a new perpetual license for any Autodesk product, as documented here.

Autodesk software licensing never made use of a USB dongle, and this was stated when Delcam was absorbed into Autodesk on 1st August 2016. All Delcam products migrated to Autodesk licensing at that time.

What existing Autodesk customers with an active maintenance plan or subscription for Autodesk ArtCAM Standard or Autodesk ArtCAM Premium can expect is documented in the FAQ. Recent purchasers will have an active subscription, and they are told what to expect until 1st February 2021.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 300

Hi @mickadamsneo,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum.

@mickadamsneo wrote:

So does this mean if I'd moved to subscription, my license could be turned off when Autodesk feel like it? That sucks...

I think this question is better suited to the Autodesk Community’s Moving to Subscription Forum.

Kind regards,

Message 15 of 300
bgoodman4

I understand, thank you,,,,,,,,, and also thank you for all you have done assisting folks on the forum. I still think Autodesk should be/have been paying you for the time you put in here but at least us folks appreciate it. Best of luck to you going forward.

Message 16 of 300

Thanks Dillan, Ill post subscription questions on that forum.

But after using, selling and supporting customers ArtCAM for many years, it is frustrating how Autodesk are going to be treating long time customers. It does question why move to subscription and why buy ArtCAM in the first place.

When they plastered woodworking all over the website it went to show how little they knew about the product and its customers. Look at those that commented here already none of them are woodworkers. I cant believe they canned it after less than two years.

Message 17 of 300

Hi @mickadamsneo,

@mickadamsneo wrote:

Thanks Dillan, Ill post subscription questions on that forum.

But after using, selling and supporting customers ArtCAM for many years, it is frustrating how Autodesk are going to be treating long time customers. It does question why move to subscription and why buy ArtCAM in the first place.

When they plastered woodworking all over the website it went to show how little they knew about the product and its customers. Look at those that commented here already none of them are woodworkers. I cant believe they canned it after less than two years.

I appreciate your understanding on this matter; I’m happy to try to answer as many of your questions regarding ArtCAM as possible, but I’m not in a position to make informed statements about Autodesk company policy or strategies. 

I respect that you have a long history with the product and have customer interests at heart. I hope you’ll agree that I’ve always done what I can to provide customers with pertinent information and answers to their questions.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards, 

Message 18 of 300

Dillan, thanks for your responses, you have been a forum lifeline at ArtCAM forever, and always respectfully answer questions.

This is a huge hit to our industry and how Autodesk treats its customers, why not give us a place to go, or another offering, why not keep it going, the ArtCAM team has always been small and it always made money. It makes no sense, especially making people buy subscription then turning it off on them.

Message 19 of 300
orrin

What???? Didn't I just inquire on this very issue?  Very creepy coincidence, and I am so pissed off right now! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Dillon.

Request - Please autodesk purchase gemvision from stuller and kill it as well. As a 3designcad user, Matrix has always bothered me, and now that I know what you are capable of, please dispose of it and it's unreasonable license transfer policy.

2nd request - I'm so addicted to artcam that I can't possible imagine my life without it (except in it's current version of course). Has a new technology replaced relief modelling that I am unaware of (I don't research these things until absolutely necessary)? Please point me in the right direction, so my old brain can begin getting used to this shift.

3rd request - so am I to understand correctly that the most recent artcam build is the last one, and that there is no reason whatsoever to pay for anything additional towards my license, see attached screen shots. I guess I better get the most recent version of 3design before the blob swallows it up as well.

-Orrin

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 300
mickadamsneo
in reply to: orrin

Rumor is they sacked the ArtCAM development team in November so they could end the product, but as they still sent out updates to the product I thought it was a rumor made by competitors. This has confirmed it. They have obviously sacked the development team to save money and kept selling it until the end of the financial year.

@orrin  - I'm not sure many customers could imagine life without ArtCAM, it has been an industry standard for years. I'm sure they will try to tell us Fusion is the answer to everything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report