Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carveco Gives New Year Update for Product Launch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kenfritz
1966 Views, 3 Replies

Carveco Gives New Year Update for Product Launch

Update: January 4th, 2019

Happy New Year!

It’s been a little while since we updated you on our progress here at Carveco HQ and while we you’ve all had a thoroughly relaxing Christmas break, rest assured that we’ve been hard at work throughout the holidays, putting a few finishing touches to our first ever Carveco release!

January’s going to be an exciting time for us...

After a rigorous few months of development - replacing and updating libraries, ensuring compatibility, adding additional levels of security and stress testing the software, we’ll soon be entering our first round of beta testing. Although very little has changed from the functionality of the core product, we want to be 100% sure that the software is as rock solid as we can make it and iron out any unforeseen kinks before we bring it to market.

With our new licensing system in place, we’re happy to announce that you’ll be able to fully administer your Carveco licence online and the software will be running dongle-free. Importantly, we’ll be launching with perpetual licensing as standard. And, while we haven’t ruled out including a subscription-based service in the future, we’ve seen first-hand the importance and peace of mind that comes with the total ownership of your investment.

So, what comes next?...

A preview of the new Carveco website

Along with the software, our new website is nearly ready to launch. Be sure to drop into www.carveco.com over the next few weeks to see some of the exciting changes we’ve got in store. But in the meantime, please connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or LinkedIn. With our focus on finalising the software, admittedly they’re a little dry at the moment, but as we begin to ramp up to our unveiling, we’ll be dropping some more information over these platforms and we’ll try and update them as regularly as we can.

We’re getting so very close now and we look forward sharing our next update with you.

All The Best
The CarveCo Team

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
horizonart75T8J
in reply to: kenfritz

Good to hear that Artcam will continue to be developed. Smiley Happy

Only concern I would have, is mention of a licensing system that is 'administered online'.  I do hope that isn't referring to a system that checks the validity online before the program will operate. We had one of those before with another software, which was annoying on the occasions their server was down and we couldn't use the program and even more annoying when the software house closed down rendering our purchase completely useless.

With two recent changes of owner, I am guessing most Artcam users will be wanting both continuity and an assurance that the software will still be operating in the future, even if its new owners are not.. Dongle free is good, as is perpetual licenses, but I don't think there would be many takers for a subscription based service in the future.  Once bitten and all that.

Be great to see what new innovations the software itself will have though, so good fortune with its development. Robot Happy

Message 3 of 4
dewan2020.cnc

I think if the name CarveCAM is better than carveco

Message 4 of 4
johanakimmey1138

Very interesting update! I wanted to ask how to connect my instagram to Carveco? I like your software very much, and I wanted to promote your site, as I am an instablogger! I have a lot of followers and I am pretty popular because I am using https://www.igautolike.com , this thing increases the numbers of followers and likes. Please, post your instagram account there, I will be very happy to see it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report