Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 is now available to download

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
dillon.moulder
43383 Views, 24 Replies

Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 is now available to download

Customers with an active subscription or maintenance plan for Autodesk ArtCAM products can now download and install Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 through the Autodesk Desktop App:

AutodeskDesktopApp-ArtCAM2018.png 

Customers can also download Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 from the All Products & Services area of their Autodesk Account.

Details of the new features and enhancements included in the ArtCAM 2018 product range are listed here.

The system requirements for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 product range are provided here.

Customers can check if their computer meets the system requirements for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 product range using the instructions here.

Help on installing Autodesk products can be found here.

Kind regards,

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Gary.B
in reply to: dillon.moulder

after the install I get a invalid serial # at the activation page ?

my serial number is the one on my license certificate from AD

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 3 of 25
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Gary.B

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

after the install I get a invalid serial # at the activation page ?

my serial number is the one on my license certificate from AD

Which method did you use to install Autodesk ArtCAM 2018? If you downloaded and installed from the All Products & Services area of your Autodesk Account, did you use the exact serial number and product key provided there when activating the software?

AutodeskAccount-AllProductsServices-ArtCAMPremium2018.png 

AutodeskLicensing-ActivationOptions-ArtCAMPremium2018.png

Please confirm.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 25
Gary.B

Dillon

I went to management selected download under the ArtCam logo and got the following 

2018.jpg

I selected download and an installer file of about 350kb was downloaded.

Ran the installer file which downloaded and installed 2018 plus Exchange etc

On completion it started AC with  the need to register pop up you have above

put in my serial # from AD which activated 2017 and I get an invalid serial # message

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 5 of 25
Gary.B

Should have mentions, the serial # is from the print out license cert from AD,

Checked and tried 3 times

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 6 of 25
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

Gary.B wrote:

I went to management selected download under the ArtCam logo and got the following 

I selected download and an installer file of about 350kb was downloaded.

Ran the installer file which downloaded and installed 2018 plus Exchange etc

On completion it started AC with  the need to register pop up you have above

put in my serial # from AD which activated 2017 and I get an invalid serial # message

So, when activating Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018, you've used the exact serial number and product key displayed when you select the Serial numbers tab shown in your supplied screenshot?

ArtCAM-Premium-SerialNumbers.png

If you have used the exact serial number and product key shown there, this is an issue you'll need to contact Autodesk Support about.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 25
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

Should have mentions, the serial # is from the print out license cert from AD,

Checked and tried 3 times

Please check that the serial number and product key on your printed Autodesk license certificate match those supplied specifically for Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018 in your Autodesk Account. If they do, and you've used them during the activation process, then please report the issue to Autodesk Support.

@ewshp: Have you had any similar issues when downloading, installing and activating Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018 on your computer? Your contribution would be much appreciated here.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 25
Gary.B

OK Dillon

found the serial # for 2018 under the more options drop down.....I was using my 2017 serial #

thanks for the assistance

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 9 of 25
ewshp

Hi @dillon.moulder,

No problem at all downloading, installing ArtCAM Premium 2018.

For activation, i took the serial number from my Autodesk account page.

Sam

Message 10 of 25
dillon.moulder

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

found the serial # for 2018 under the more options drop down.....I was using my 2017 serial #

thanks for the assistance

No problem at all. I'm pleased that you can now complete the activation of Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018.

Have a great weekend! Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

Message 11 of 25
dillon.moulder
in reply to: ewshp

Hi @ewshp,

@ewshp wrote:

No problem at all downloading, installing ArtCAM Premium 2018.

For activation, i took the serial number from my Autodesk account page.

Thankfully, @Gary.B's reported activation issue has now been resolved. Many thanks for confirming that you've successfully installed and activated Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018.

Have a great weekend! Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 25
Gary.B

all up and running on the first machine........boy I must be getting old and senile to miss that simple one

you have a great weekend as well

thanks

Gary

Beckwith Decor Products
Message 13 of 25
ECSchultz

My custom layout would not load as it gave me the message that the file was INCOMPATIBLE!!?

I just saved the layout minutes before installing the new program.  Now I will have to spend the hour or two get my own layout back.

PLEASE make it compatible next time.  This is the second time this has happened to me just since Autodesk took over Artcam.

Not Happy!

Message 14 of 25
ECSchultz

I also forgot to mention that NONE of my other settings showed up either.  More time involved in resetting those too.....

Message 15 of 25
ECSchultz

When I hover over icons in custom toolbars, I still do not get screen tips.  I reported this issue months ago and was told it would be fixed in this release.

Message 16 of 25
dillon.moulder
in reply to: ECSchultz

Hi @ECSchultz,

@ECSchultz wrote:

My custom layout would not load as it gave me the message that the file was INCOMPATIBLE!!?

I just saved the layout minutes before installing the new program.  Now I will have to spend the hour or two get my own layout back.

PLEASE make it compatible next time.  This is the second time this has happened to me just since Autodesk took over Artcam.

ArtCAM Layout files (*.alo) have never been compatible between different ArtCAM product ranges, so this subject has nothing to do with the transition from Delcam to Autodesk.

@ECSchultz wrote:

I also forgot to mention that NONE of my other settings showed up either.  More time involved in resetting those too.....

Settings have never been retained between different ArtCAM product ranges. They are preserved when installing software updates and service packs for the same product range.

@ECSchultz wrote:

When I hover over icons in custom toolbars, I still do not get screen tips.  I reported this issue months ago and was told it would be fixed in this release.

You were not told when a fix for your reported issue with ScreenTips in custom toolbars would be available, as shown here. That said, the Development team have recently implemented a fix for your reported issue and this will be included as part of a future software update for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 product range. I'll be sure to let you know when this is available to download.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 17 of 25
ECSchultz

Well I do have patience to wait for the forthcoming fix. I guess I assumed on the timing.  No biggie.

But I do not understand why I should have to redo layouts and settings every year.  All of my custom materials loaded fine, so I would expect other settings should be able to load as well, especially the layout, as it is a separate file from the software.

Message 18 of 25
dillon.moulder
in reply to: ECSchultz

Hi @ECSchultz,

@ECSchultz wrote:

Well I do have patience to wait for the forthcoming fix. I guess I assumed on the timing.  No biggie.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding regarding the fix for your reported issue with ScreenTips in custom toolbars.

ECSchultz wrote:

But I do not understand why I should have to redo layouts and settings every year.  All of my custom materials loaded fine, so I would expect other settings should be able to load as well, especially the layout, as it is a separate file from the software.

An ArtCAM Layout file (*.alo) is an ArtCAM proprietary file, so it is intrinsically related to the software. The file stores information about the interface in a specific ArtCAM product release. The interface almost always changes between releases, even if only subtly at times, and therefore a layout captured in one ArtCAM product release cannot be mapped to the interface in a subsequent or prior ArtCAM product release. There is other underlying code that prevents this from being feasible, and this is part of the Microsoft interface framework used in ArtCAM software.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance for your time and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 19 of 25
pakpck

Since I loaded the new 2018 version of Autodesk ArtCAM my firewall repeatedly blocks Akamai NetSession Client. During installation a dialog box came up and I selected private networks. When it comes up now the private networks is not active but has been selected and the public networks is active and selected in the dialog box. What is this? Why does it keep coming up? How can I resolve the problem.

Thanks

Message 20 of 25
dillon.moulder
in reply to: pakpck

Hi @pakpck,

@pakpck wrote:

Since I loaded the new 2018 version of Autodesk ArtCAM my firewall repeatedly blocks Akamai NetSession Client. During installation a dialog box came up and I selected private networks. When it comes up now the private networks is not active but has been selected and the public networks is active and selected in the dialog box. What is this? Why does it keep coming up? How can I resolve the problem.

The Akamai NetSession is used only to accelerate the download of Autodesk web installers; please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

For details on Akamai NetSession, click here.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report