Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 Service Pack 4 is now available to download

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
dillon.moulder
2596 Views, 14 Replies

Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 Service Pack 4 is now available to download

The fourth service pack for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range (Free, Standard & Premium) is now available to download through the Autodesk Desktop App:

AutodeskDesktopApp-ArtCAM2017-Update4.png 

You can also download the fourth service pack for ArtCAM 2017 from the Product Updates area of your Autodesk Account.

Details of the fixes and enhancements included in the fourth service pack for ArtCAM 2017 are listed here.

If you haven't already installed the first, second or third service pack for ArtCAM 2017, then you do not need to install them prior to installing the fourth service pack.

Kind regards,

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Dear Dillon, and all.

SP4 crash each file you want to close!

Please see video:http://autode.sk/2jTrNUX

Message 3 of 15
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

tomas.sliauteris wrote:

Many thanks for reporting this issue, and for sharing your screencast. If you've encountered a crash when closing and saving your 170006FE1P1P0T50-V-40rezoliucija_[M]_2015.art file while working in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 4 (build 268), please retrieve the corresponding ArtCAM MiniDump file (Dump-20170123-162722-2017-268-64.dmp perhaps?), then attach it when replying to this post or send it by email to artcam-online-support@autodesk.com.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Yeah, I have the same problem.  Fortunately it does save the latest changes in the process of crashing though.

Message 5 of 15
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same problem.  Fortunately it does save the latest changes in the process of crashing though.

Many thanks for confirming that you've encountered the same issue as that reported by @Anonymous, and for sharing your MiniDump file (Dump-20170123-145241-2017-268-64.dmp) with us. I'll submit this to the Development team for further investigation. I'll be sure to keep you updated on their response.

Many thanks for your time and assistance.

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 15
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous & @Anonymous,

tomas.sliauteris wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same problem.  Fortunately it does save the latest changes in the process of crashing though.

In the ArtCAM sessions in which you encounter this reported crash, are you double-clicking the ArtCAM Model file (*.art) or ArtCAM Project file (*.3dp) to open it? Please confirm.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 15

Crashes every time I try to get into the program now since sp4... Tried reinstalling sp4 and still crashes.

Message 8 of 15

Hi @jnelsonMY7H5,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@jnelsonMY7H5 wrote:

Crashes every time I try to get into the program now since sp4... Tried reinstalling sp4 and still crashes.

Have you already created and submitted a case regarding this issue from your Autodesk Account using the instructions given here? Please confirm.

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating the issue when working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 4 (build 268).

In the event of a crash, we have configured ArtCAM to store information about its circumstances in a single file. This is known as a MiniDump. A MiniDump file (*.dmp) is particularly useful to the Development team, as it enables us to examine what was happening at the exact point of the crash; this greatly improves the chance of identifying and fixing a rare or random crash that cannot be reproduced.

Please use the following steps to retrieve a MiniDump file:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %TEMP%in the Address bar, and then press Enter.
  2. From Windows Explorer's list of folders and files, double-click the ArtCAM_MiniDump folder to display its contents.
  3. Identify the MiniDump file (*.dmp) you want to retrieve. Each MiniDump file is named using the following convention:Dump-<year-month-day>-<hour-minute-second>-<ArtCAM version>-<build number>-<bit version>.dmp.

For example, if the MiniDump file is named Dump-20170124-084300-2017-268-64.dmp, we know that it was created on 24th January 2017 at 08:43:00 local time, and originates from ArtCAM 2017.268 64-bit.

Please zip the MiniDump file (*.dmp) and attach it when replying to this post so that I can submit it to the Development team for further investigation.

As you can see by reading the preceding posts in this topic, a similar issue has been reported by other customers working in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 4 (build 268). The Development team are currently working on identifying the underlying cause and implementing a fix.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 15

Message 10 of 15

Hi @jnelsonMY7H5,

Many thanks for sharing your ArtCAM MiniDump file (Dump-20170124-100208-2017-268-64.dmp) and your screencast. I will submit this to the Development team for further investigation, and let you know their response.

Did you encounter this issue when working in a previous version of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017, such as Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238)? Please confirm.

Kind regards,

Message 11 of 15

I did not do any service packs for a long time. I downloaded sp1-4 and installed them in succession. I have dropped back to sp3 with the same problem. I am going to see if I can get the program working by going back further.

Message 12 of 15

Hi @jnelsonMY7H5,

@jnelsonMY7H5 wrote:

I did not do any service packs for a long time. I downloaded sp1-4 and installed them in succession. I have dropped back to sp3 with the same problem. I am going to see if I can get the program working by going back further.

You do not have to install each successive service pack for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range; you only need to install the initial customer release followed by the latest service pack release available. 

I do not recommend that you install earlier service pack releases over the subsequent service pack releases for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range.

If you want to revert to using Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238) on your computer, please complete the following steps:

1. Uninstall Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 from your computer. If you have any issues with uninstalling the sofware, please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.
  2. Download the ArtCAM - Standard installer from the All Products and Services area of your Autodesk Account to your computer. The downloaded file is named Autodesk_ArtCAM_Standard_2017_R1_Multilingual_Win_64bit_Setup.exe and is 749 MB (785,506,304 bytes) in size on disk.
  3. Right-click the Autodesk_ArtCAM_Standard_2017_R1_Multilingual_Win_64bit_Setup.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option; complete the installation process.
  4. Download the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 Service Pack 3 installer from the Product Updates area of your Autodesk Account to your computer. The downloaded file is named ArtCAM_2017_SP3.exe and is 272 MB (286,236,672 bytes) in size on disk.
  5. Right-click the ArtCAM_2017_SP3.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option; complete the installation process.
  6. Confirm that you're working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 3 (build 238) by starting the software and selecting the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option.

Kind regards,

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Yes, it was from double-clicking .art files.  I've never saved a project file, so can't speak to that.

Message 14 of 15
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it was from double-clicking .art files.  I've never saved a project file, so can't speak to that.

Many thanks for confirming that. If you open your ArtCAM Model file (*.art) from within Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 itself, rather than double-clicking the file in Windows, you should avoid the crashing. The Development team are already working on implementing a fix for this issue, so please use this method as a workaround until a fix is delivered as part of a future software update. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 15 of 15
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous & @Anonymous,

tomas.sliauteris wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The fix for your reported issue is included in the fifth service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. Please download and install it, and then be kind enough to accept this post as a solution.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report