Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArtCam Standard 2017 activation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
kgribble
2843 Views, 9 Replies

ArtCam Standard 2017 activation

I purchased Artcam over a month ago and have not been able to activate the product. I have entered the serial number supplied but when I go and try to activate it on line it says that the serial number is invalid. I have logged a call with the local reseller through which I have purchased the product and still don't have a resolution. it has now been over a month and the demo mode has run out and I cannot use a product which I have paid for. Also created a fault log with Autodesk and still no answer from them either.

I am actually digusted with a organisation like Autodesk. When I purchased Fusion 360 i worked from the beginning. Come on Autodesk get your act together.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dillon.moulder
in reply to: kgribble

Hi @kgribble,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@Anonymous wrote:

I purchased Artcam over a month ago and have not been able to activate the product. I have entered the serial number supplied but when I go and try to activate it on line it says that the serial number is invalid. I have logged a call with the local reseller through which I have purchased the product and still don't have a resolution. it has now been over a month and the demo mode has run out and I cannot use a product which I have paid for. Also created a fault log with Autodesk and still no answer from them either.

I am actually digusted with a organisation like Autodesk. When I purchased Fusion 360 i worked from the beginning. Come on Autodesk get your act together.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've encountered when trying to use your Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 software, and your overall dissatisfaction.

Please confirm whether you chose to start a 30-day trial for Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 after having purchased a monthly subscription for the product and installing the software on your computer.

When you purchase a monthly subscription to Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017, it starts from the date on which you receive your order confirmation email. If you are trying to use the supplied serial number more than 30 days after the date on which you received your order confirmation email, then the serial number will now have expired.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 10
kgribble
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Hi Dillon

Initially I downloaded the trial software before deciding to purchase the
product which I ran for a couple of weeks.

I then decided to purchase the product. I then purchased the product through
our local reseller, Aztech in South Africa. I had to constantly phone them
regarding the license and after 10 days I finally got the license. In the
mean time I had down loaded Artcam Standard and was running it in demo mode.

When I finally got the license from Autodesk and when I entered the license
it went through but when it came to activation it said it was an invalid
license. I have made numerous phone calls to Aztech but still have no
resolution. Artcam has now expired in demo mode and I can no longer use the
product.

Hope you can solve the problem

Kevin
Message 4 of 10
shirish.bansude

Hi @kgribble,

@Anonymous wrote:
Initially I downloaded the trial software before deciding to purchase the product which I ran for a couple of weeks.

I then decided to purchase the product. I then purchased the product through our local reseller, Aztech in South Africa. I had to constantly phone them regarding the license and after 10 days I finally got the license. In the mean time I had down loaded Artcam Standard and was running it in demo mode.

When I finally got the license from Autodesk and when I entered the license it went through but when it came to activation it said it was an invalid license. I have made numerous phone calls to Aztech but still have no resolution. Artcam has now expired in demo mode and I can no longer use the product.

Hope you can solve the problem.

I'm sorry to hear of your inconvenience.

I can see that two separate support cases have been created in relation to your reported issue:

• Case 12647490, which was created and submitted by Aztech.
  • Case 12689076, which was created and submitted by you; this case was closed by the Licensing team, as the issue was identical to that reported in Case 12647490.

I have raised this issue again with the Licensing team (Registration & Activation), and a representative should be in contact with you soon to resolve the issue on a priority basis.

Thank you for patience and understanding while I try to arrange for this issue to be resolved.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 5 of 10
kgribble
in reply to: shirish.bansude

Hi Dillon

As of yet it has not been resolved. I got an email from Veronica Madrigal saying that she could not track the serial number. The email was forwarded to Jacques of Aztech and I have once again had to constantly phone to see if he had an answer and constantly have been told he will get back to me. Which he has not.

Hope this can resolved otherwise I will have to cancel the purchase and look for an alternative product.

Thanks

Kevin

Message 6 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @kgribble,

kgribble wrote: 

As of yet it has not been resolved. I got an email from Veronica Madrigal saying that she could not track the serial number. The email was forwarded to Jacques of Aztech and I have once again had to constantly phone to see if he had an answer and constantly have been told he will get back to me. Which he has not.

Hope this can resolved otherwise I will have to cancel the purchase and look for an alternative product. 

I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing licensing issue. I will do what I can to expedite this matter, but I do ask that you reply to Veronica Madrigal's email through the Case (12647490) in your Autodesk Account to advise her of your attempts to contact Jacques Kirsten of Aztech CNC Manufacturing Solutions. That way, I'm confident that your licensing issue can be resolved satisfactorily.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @kgribble,

kgribble wrote:

I can see that you've now contacted Autodesk Support through your Autodesk Account, so thank you for doing as I've suggested.

I've contacted Jacques Kirsten of Aztech CNC Manufacturing Solutions and Veronica Madrigal of Autodesk to request that they investigate your case, so I expect you'll be contacted again soon.

Please check that the serial number and product key associated with ArtCAM - Standard in the All Products & Services area of your Autodesk Account matches that which was given to you by Jacques Kirsten of Aztech CNC Manufacturing Solutions. Please do not disclose your serial number or product key on the Autodesk Community forums.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards, 

Message 8 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @kgribble,

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at case 12647490, it would seem as though your licensing issue has now been resolved. Please confirm whether you've successfully installed and activated Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 on your computer using the supplied installer, serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 10
kgribble
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Hi Dillion

A big thanks for all your help.

Finally got it working. Somewhere was a mix up on the serial number. Eventually they regenerated the same number and all is work and my software is activated.

It has been a battle but eventually we won.

Once again thanks for all your help

Kevin Gribble

Message 10 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @kgribble,

kgribble wrote: 

A big thanks for all your help.

Finally got it working. Somewhere was a mix up on the serial number. Eventually they regenerated the same number and all is work and my software is activated.

It has been a battle but eventually we won.

Once again thanks for all your help 

No problem at all. I'm very pleased to hear that you're now able to use your Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 software.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding while we were working to resolve your licensing issue, and sorry again for any inconvenience.

Kindest regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report