Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artcam alternatives?

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
Anonymous
34296 Views, 52 Replies

Artcam alternatives?

Hi I never post but with the recent news it's left me in a bit of a puzzle as to how to move forward. 

With the end of artcam what are some good alternatives? Smiley Sad

Does anyone have any experience with RhinoCam - Art or Clayoo emboss? 

52 REPLIES 52
Message 2 of 53
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I never post but with the recent news it's left me in a bit of a puzzle as to how to move forward. 

With the end of artcam what are some good alternatives? Smiley Sad

Does anyone have any experience with RhinoCam - Art or Clayoo emboss?

I cannot find any record of your name or registered email address in the Autodesk customer database, so I cannot give you any specific advice on active maintenance plans or subscriptions for Autodesk ArtCAM products.

I recommend that you take the time to read the posts in this topic and this topic, as you'll most likely find an answer to your question in them.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 53
mikeis

Rhino, a real nice program
MOI , very much like Rhino but very simple, not as complex
Vectric, they have 3
Enroute, a software close to the coolness of artcam They have some mighty cool tools that a wood worker could use, the one I almost purchased instead I got artcam

a few newer one that are worth looking at but for the life of me I can not remember their names
mike
Message 4 of 53
odillon2001
in reply to: mikeis

There are plenty alternatives to ArtCAM. 

mickadamsneo mentioned I think TYPE3 software in a thread, with TYPE EDIT, this is probably the closest solution to ArtCAM by being present in the same industries, and competing at the same level or higher as ENROUTE as well.

There also VECTRIC but way under ArtCAM to my opinion their 3D is difficult.

Last one I came across is ArtClip3D, which comes with a full online library of 3D models.

Rhino and MOI are probably set to another level in 3D creations, maybe too high and too advanced to migrate to, besides the high-fields (basrelief) management is rather poor in those packages with a modeller engine not done for it.

TYPE EDIT: http://www.typeedit.us

ENROUTE: http://www.actioncnc.com/enroute.htm

VECTRIC: https://release.vectric.com/

ARTCLIP-3D: www.artclip3d.com

RHINO: https://www.rhino3d.com/

MOI: http://moi3d.com/

Message 5 of 53
drot2

Hello
There is a Chinese program Jd ArtForm, after registering on the forum you can download the free version, English is available,

it looks like it has a lot of possibilities

http://www.jingdiao.com/en/researchcapacity_en/softwarefield-en/jdsoft-artform_en.html

http://bbs.jingdiaosoft.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=68

Piotr

Message 6 of 53
drot2
Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

hello sir,

my artcam is not be continue . my one year subscription has been expired. now it is required renewal so what i do?

and i saw on autodesk artcam site that now artcam is discontine so please give me advice ho to open my old files and how renewal art or any other alternative software.

i think art is not a perfect software for autodesk so they are discontiue this particular software.

please give me any other alternatve artcam software or renewal.

Thanks and regards

Pankaj Paliwal

Message 8 of 53
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

my artcam is not be continue . my one year subscription has been expired. now it is required renewal so what i do?

It is not possible to renew an expired subscription for an Autodesk product, and it is no longer possible to purchase a new subscription for an Autodesk ArtCAM product.

@Anonymous wrote:

and i saw on autodesk artcam site that now artcam is discontine so please give me advice ho to open my old files and how renewal art or any other alternative software.

please give me any other alternatve artcam software or renewal.

It will not be possible for you to open ArtCAM Model files (*.art) originating from Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 in anything other than ArtCAM 2015 R2, Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 or Autodesk ArtCAM 2018; they are proprietary files.

At present, none of the functionality in Autodesk ArtCAM has been ported to other Autodesk products. To my knowledge, there are no plans for Autodesk to develop and release a direct replacement for ArtCAM. However, you might want to look at Fusion 360 as this complements ArtCAM.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 53
Anonymous

fusion 360 can do work on coin design or cnc machins.

Message 10 of 53
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

fusion 360 can do work on coin design or cnc machins.

While I’ve not seen people designing and machining the same type of coins in Fusion 360 as you would using ArtCAM, there are a few online tutorials for Maker Coins, such as the demonstration video shown below:

Fusion 360 is compatible with many different CNC machines, and you can find its Post Library here.

I recommend that you visit the Autodesk Community’s Fusion 360 Forums if you have specific questions about Fusion 360.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 11 of 53
mikeis

Can fusion 360 do this from this photo? the answer in a resounding NO.IMG_20160517_205958.jpgimages.jpg

Message 12 of 53
mikeis

If needed I have quit a few more to prove that 360 will never be able to do what artcam can, there really isn't a program out there that can do with ease what artcam can. AD has lost it's mind in shutting down this program, it would have been better to update artcam and sell it as a lease to own instead of the underhanded approach that has been done.

It takes years to learn all that's in a program, that is why the total lease idea is such a low thinking approach. If you have seen renters you know they do not really care for any thing they are renting, this same always apply s to leasing software, they are the cheep running to cheep to save a buck.

To those who are thrusting yourself on to AD what are you going to do when they shut down 360 or any number of other programs that they own and you are leasing? You say it will not happen............... really, I think you should take a look at what I saw a few years ago, I questioned on this forum about them shutting artcam down then, look on the old forum if you can find it I did the same there too.

the only way to get and keep repeat customers is to treat them with the highest respect and honor. not what has been done with us. if you treat repeat customers good they will make sure you will be well off, they will come back because they will trust you, that you will treat them well tooo, it's a 2 way street, not a one way like it is now................. but if you miss treat a loyal  customer with disrespect, I wonder what will happen??????

mike 

Message 13 of 53
Anonymous

dear sir,

Last year i learn artcam. and really its is a very big task for me. now artcam was discontinue. you suggest me for purchase fusion 360. now i bought again fusion 360. and again learn fusion 360 software. thats really embarrassing for audodesk.

Now i want to purchse my artcam standred 2018. so can you please give me advice how to renew my licence no.

Message 14 of 53
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

Last year i learn artcam. and really its is a very big task for me. now artcam was discontinue. you suggest me for purchase fusion 360. now i bought again fusion 360. and again learn fusion 360 software. thats really embarrassing for autodesk.

All I can do here is apologise for the inconvenience you've experienced since the decision to discontinue Autodesk ArtCAM was announced on 7th February 2018.

@Anonymous wrote:

Now i want to purchse my artcam standred 2018. so can you please give me advice how to renew my licence no.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to renew an expired subscription to Autodesk ArtCAM product, or to purchase a new subscription to an Autodesk ArtCAM product.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Message 15 of 53

hi dillon,

talked to u a few times only when canadian service was down. 

seriously strange i got zero info on what is replacing artcam or recommendation of what we can do after it is kaput.

i expect something after paying a few years of support....

philippe.mckay@360fab.ca

Message 16 of 53

this should be an embarrassment to autodesk....but i got a feeling they are used to embarrassments now

Message 17 of 53
philippe.mckay
in reply to: mikeis

now im angry

Message 18 of 53

Hi @philippe.mckay,

@philippe.mckay wrote:

hi dillon,

talked to u a few times only when canadian service was down. 

seriously strange i got zero info on what is replacing artcam or recommendation of what we can do after it is kaput.

i expect something after paying a few years of support....

Of course I remember you; I'm sorry that we're reconnecting under difficult circumstances.

Did you not receive an email from Autodesk marketing on or around 12th March 2018? It was my understanding that customers with a maintenance plan for an Autodesk ArtCAM product were notified of the discontinuation of Autodesk ArtCAM by email then.

It is my understanding that you have a maintenance plan, and therefore own a perpetual license for Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018. This means that you can use Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2018 (Version: 2018.2.1 Build: 2018-01-24-1433-35b6f7e11) in perpetuity; you will not lose access to the software when support ends on 1st November 2018, even if you choose not to renew your maintenance plan at the time your current plan expires.

At present, none of the functionality in ArtCAM has been ported to other Autodesk products. To my knowledge, there are no plans for Autodesk to develop and release a direct replacement for ArtCAM. However, you might want to look at Fusion 360, as this complements ArtCAM.

If there is anything specific that you'd like to request from Autodesk now, I recommend that you create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account and include your requests that way.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. As always, I'll do my very best to answer them.

Kind regards,

Message 19 of 53

sounds like directors are flying by the see of their pants...wonder how FB
is in trouble....
Message 20 of 53
dinimere
in reply to: philippe.mckay

When you discontinue Artcam, could you please be kind enough to publish the source-code on Github so we can keep on developing as an Opensource community!

I mean Artcam is dead (or better you intend to kill it), so instead of putting the code onto a backupdrive which will never be used again, share it to us.

Think about, the world is changing.

(Btw.: I just found Artcam as "the solution" for my project while googling, never used it but saw many tutorials which show really great features)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report