Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArtCAM alongside bSolid and AlphaCAM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CDemarest
791 Views, 1 Reply

ArtCAM alongside bSolid and AlphaCAM

Our customer is reporting the following issue.  Does anyone have a workaround?

I installed the Demo version of Artcam standard yesterday on my pc. I already had my bSolid, Autocad and Alphacam programs running. Artcam installed properly and I was able to open up the program.

This morning when I came in, I tried to start my bSolid program and it would not load. It never gave me a reason why, it just failed to load and “Windows will check for a solution” window popped up. I went back and did a system restore to before the Artcam installation and all of my programs opened up and functioned correctly.

I downloaded the Artcam program again today and re-installed it with no programs open. Artcam installed properly and I did not restart the PC. The first program I tried to open was my bSolid and it again would not load. I then tried to open my Alphacam and it also failed to load citing a missng dll file was the cause.

I then did a system restore back to the point of before the Artcam install. After the restore, both my bSolid and Alphacam were fine.

I am very interested in the Artcam program. It looks as though it will do everything that Aspire would do for us and Seth liked the leasing idea. Is there a fix to this problem? I already know that Autodesk products and bSloid don’t play well together (I have to open bSolid before any Autodesk product, otherwise it fails) but I was shocked when Alphacam would not open. Let me know if there is a fix to this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
prashant.gurav
in reply to: CDemarest

Hi @CDemarest,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

CDemarest wrote:

I am very interested in the Artcam program. It looks as though it will do everything that Aspire would do for us and Seth liked the leasing idea.

I'm pleased to hear that you like the idea of subscription licensing for Autodesk ArtCAM.

@CDemarest wrote:

Our customer is reporting the following issue.  Does anyone have a workaround?

I installed the Demo version of Artcam standard yesterday on my pc.

Please confirm if you have downloaded Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 from here.

CDemarest wrote:

I downloaded the Artcam program again today and re-installed it with no programs open. Artcam installed properly and I did not restart the PC. The first program I tried to open was my bSolid and it again would not load. I then tried to open my Alphacam and it also failed to load citing a missng dll file was the cause.

I then did a system restore back to the point of before the Artcam install. After the restore, both my bSolid and Alphacam were fine.

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast of your reported issue with bSolid and Alphacam not working after starting the trial version of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017. When replying to this post, please attach screenshots of the error messages you encounter.

On receipt of your screencast and screenshots, I will be able to investigate further. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report