Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArtCAM 2017 Hotfix

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dillon.moulder
2701 Views, 13 Replies

ArtCAM 2017 Hotfix

In preparation for delivering the first software update for the ArtCAM 2017 product range through the Autodesk Desktop App, the ArtCAM Development team have released a hotfix; this implements a minor ArtCAM registry fix. 

To install the hotfix, please follow these instructions:

1. Shut down Autodesk ArtCAM 2017.
  2. Download the hotfix from here. The downloaded ArtCAM2017Hotfix1.exe file is 328 KB (335,872 bytes) in size on disk.
  3. Right-click the ArtCAM2017Hotfix1.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option. A message box is displayed.
  4. Click Yes. The message box closes and the hotfix installer's Welcome page is displayed.
  5. Click Next. The License Agreement page is displayed.
  6. Click I Agree. The hotfix installation starts and completes.
  7. Click Finish. The hotfix installer closes; if a computer restart is required, you'll be prompted to do so. 

When the first software update for ArtCAM 2017 is available to customers, this will be announced here on the Autodesk Community ArtCAM Forum.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jmcpeek
in reply to: dillon.moulder

That actually fixed the App for my other Autodesk products 🙂

When I started up the App even though I am logged in it said I did not have any products registered - now it shows them all except for AC2017. AC still shows up in my Web login though.

AutoDesk Artcam Premium
AutoDesk Product Design Collection
AutoDesk Remake
Also using Daz3D, MeshMixer, FlexScan, Makerbot
Message 3 of 14
dillon.moulder
in reply to: jmcpeek

Provided you've installed the hotfix for ArtCAM 2017, the first service pack for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range (Free, Standard & Premium) is now available to download through the Autodesk Desktop App:

AutodeskDesktopApp-ArtCAM2017-Update1.png

Details of the fixes and enhancements included in the first service pack for ArtCAM 2017 are listed here.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 14
tajs

A sincere thank you to all involved in getting this first hotfix and service pack out, it is very much appreciated. Danny
Message 5 of 14
dillon.moulder
in reply to: tajs

Hi @tajs,

@tajs wrote:
A sincere thank you to all involved in getting this first hotfix and service pack out, it is very much appreciated.

Many thanks for your kind words of support. Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 14
Gary.B

Dillon,

does the current download for 2017.199 include this hotfix or is it still required to be run

thanks

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 7 of 14
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Gary.B

Hi @Gary.B,

@Gary.B wrote:

does the current download for 2017.199 include this hotfix or is it still required to be run

The hotfix modifies registry entries associated with Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 in order to facilitate for the Autodesk Desktop App delivering software updates as expected. I'm not entirely sure if the second service pack for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range includes the same registry modification as in the hotfix, so I will have to carry out some testing in order to confirm this. I'll be sure to let you know my results. In the meantime, I recommend that customers install the hotfix prior to installing the second service pack for Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 14
nasr

Hello,I downloaded Artcam 2017 but I'm looking for Jewelsmith .How do I get the download link?

Message 9 of 14
dillon.moulder
in reply to: nasr

Hi @nasr,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the new ArtCAM Forum! Many thanks for joining us from the original ArtCAM Forum.

@nasr wrote:

I downloaded Artcam 2017 but I'm looking for Jewelsmith. How do I get the download link?

What version of Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 have you downloaded (Free, Standard or Premium), and from where? Please confirm.

ArtCAM JewelSmith is not part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range, and has been discontinued; this is confirmed here in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

All of the functionality associated with ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2 is included in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017, with the exception of KeyShot and POV-Ray support; KeyShot is not bundled with the free version of Autodesk ArtCAM 2017, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 or Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017. Therefore, Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 can be used for the design and manufacture of jewellery in exactly the same way as ArtCAM JewelSmith 2015 R2. You can compare the different products in the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range here.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 14
alex2027

Hi Dillon,

Tried the hotfix on 2 pcs and ArtCAM doesn't appear on either of them in the app even though my Fusions 360 does.

Could it be because I don't have my ArtCAM installed to the default location?

Alex.

Message 11 of 14
dillon.moulder
in reply to: alex2027

Hi @alex2027,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

alex2027 wrote:

Tried the hotfix on 2 pcs and ArtCAM doesn't appear on either of them in the app even though my Fusions 360 does.

Could it be because I don't have my ArtCAM installed to the default location?

What version and build of Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 did you have installed prior to installing the hotfix? To confirm what version and build you currently have installed, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 2 (build 199).

After you installed the hotfix, were you prompted to restart your computer? If so, have you restarted your computer yet? Please confirm.

What is the install path for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 software on your computer? Please confirm.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 14
alex2027

It's 2017 premium .199 on one pc and .199 and .266 on another.

Both restarted after the hotfix.

The first pc .199 is in C:\Software\ArtCAM 2017

On the second  pc .199 is in C:\Software\ArtCAM 2017

and .266 is in C:\Software\ArtCAM 2017 266

Alex

Message 13 of 14
dillon.moulder
in reply to: alex2027

Hi @alex2027,

@alex2027 wrote:

It's 2017 premium .199 on one pc and .199 and .266 on another.

Both restarted after the hotfix.

The first pc .199 is in C:\Software\ArtCAM 2017

On the second  pc .199 is in C:\Software\ArtCAM 2017

and .266 is in C:\Software\ArtCAM 2017 266

You should not have to install the hotfix on any computer on which you have Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 Service Pack 2 (build 199) or later installed, because the functionality of the hotfix was included in the second service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range.

None of the four service packs for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range have an associated build number of 266. The third service pack release is build 238, while the fourth service pack release is build 268.

Please explain why you've chosen to attempt to install Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 twice on the same computer in two separate locations.

I will need to discuss the potential for your chosen installation methods to interfere with the Autodesk Desktop App with the Development team when I return to the office tomorrow; it is now 23:49 in the United Kingdom.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 14
alex2027

Sorry .238 🙂

Thanks for the feedback.

Alex.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report