Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArtCam 2017 freezing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wgrix
465 Views, 6 Replies

ArtCam 2017 freezing

Hi

Twice this morning after I used shape editor the program froze, had to shut down my computer, I am using standard 17 with most recent service pack.

What can I provide to find out the cause

Thanks Bill

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
shirish.bansude
in reply to: wgrix

Hi @wgrix,

wgrix wrote:

Twice this morning after I used shape editor the program froze, had to shut down my computer, I am using standard 17 with most recent service pack.

What can I provide to find out the cause

I would first recommend that you update the display driver for your graphics card, restart your computer, and then check if the crash is repeatable.

If the crash still reoccurs, I recommend resetting the workspace using the following steps:

1. Shut down Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).
  2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2017\Exec on your computer.
  3. Right-click the ResetArtCAM2017Workspace.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option.
  4. Restart Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270). 

If the crash reoccurs, please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating the issues you've encountered when working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017. You can find instructions on how to embed a screencast when posting here.

In the event of a crash, we have configured ArtCAM to store information about its circumstances in a single file. This is known as a MiniDump. A MiniDump file (*.dmp) is particularly useful to the Development team, as it enables us to examine what was happening at the exact point of the crash; this greatly improves the chance of identifying and fixing a rare or random crash that cannot be reproduced.

Please use the following steps to retrieve a MiniDump file:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %TEMP%in the Address bar, and then press Enter.
  2. From Windows Explorer's list of folders and files, double-click the ArtCAM_MiniDump folder to display its contents.
  3. Identify the MiniDump file (*.dmp) you want to retrieve. Each MiniDump file is named using the following convention:Dump-<year-month-day>-<hour-minute-second>-<ArtCAM version>-<build number>-<bit version>.dmp.

For example, if the MiniDump file is named Dump-20170222-035400-2017-270-64.dmp, we know that it was created on 22nd February 2017 at 03:54:00 local time, and originates from ArtCAM 2017.270 64-bit.

Please zip the MiniDump file (*.dmp) and attach it when replying to this post so that I can submit it to the Development team for further investigation.

In order for me to report this crash to the Development team, I require your system information in addition to crash dump file. The quickest way to supply this information is as follows:

1. Select Start > Run (or Search Program and files).
  2. Type dxdiag, then select dxdiag.exe and run it. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool is displayed.
  3. Click the Save all Information button to save all of the information as a text file; this text file can be attached when replying to this post.

Once received, I can supply this information to the Development team along with your Dump file, so that they can try to identify the underlying cause of your reported crash.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Shirish.B
Message 3 of 7
wgrix
in reply to: shirish.bansude

Hi

Updating the graphics card seems to have worked.

Thank you

Bill

Message 4 of 7
shirish.bansude

Hi @wgrix,

wgrix wrote:

Updating the graphics card seems to have worked.

I'm glad to hear that the provided information has helped.

Please accept my response as solution, as your issue now seems to be resolved.

This information could be useful to other ArtCAM users for future reference.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 5 of 7
wgrix
in reply to: shirish.bansude

Hi

Just had some time to work in standard since I last posted, seems my freezing problem is still there was doing some simple playing with the shape editor and same program freezing occurs. Seemed to be fine after I upgraded the graphics card. I don't have any problems with my copy of 2015

Bill

Message 6 of 7
wgrix

Hi

After I wrote the above post I had a thought about something I read in another thread about corrupt files( loss dennis "weird crashing" ) . The design that froze was something I had been working on before I updated the graphics card. I opened it in 2015 with the same result freezing. But I can draw and use the shape editor in both programs with out any issues just not that mentioned design which at this point is just vector shapes.

Any Thoughts

Bill

Message 7 of 7
prashant.gurav

Hi @wgrix,

Thanks for contacting the Autodesk Community.

@wgrix wrote:

Just had some time to work in standard since I last posted, seems my freezing problem is still there was doing some simple playing with the shape editor and same program freezing occurs. Seemed to be fine after I upgraded the graphics card. I don't have any problems with my copy of 2015

wgrix wrote:

After I wrote the above post I had a thought about something I read in another thread about corrupt files( loss dennis "weird crashing") . The design that froze was something I had been working on before I updated the graphics card. I opened it in 2015 with the same result freezing. But I can draw and use the shape editor in both programs with out any issues just not that mentioned design which at this point is just vector shapes.

Any Thoughts

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast of your reported issue with ArtCAM freezing. I also require your system information; the quickest way to supply this information is as follows:

1. Select Start > Run. A Run dialog is displayed.
  2. In Open box, type dxdiag, then click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool is displayed.
  3. Click the Save all Information button to save all of the information as a text file; attach the *.txt file when replying to this post.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report