Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

artcam 2008

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gnis56
2177 Views, 3 Replies

artcam 2008

I bought a CNC and I had artcam 2008 whit it.  When I make new project , ex: a square with 1.5 inch the CNC print a square of 1.375 inch or 1.625 inch but never 1.5 ????

Can you help me?

Thank

Germain

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: gnis56

Hi @gnis56,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@gnis56 wrote:

I bought a CNC and I had artcam 2008 whit it.  When I make new project , ex: a square with 1.5 inch the CNC print a square of 1.375 inch or 1.625 inch but never 1.5 ????

Can you help me?

What version and build of ArtCAM 2008 are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About ArtCAM menu option to display the About box, take a screenshot of the About box, and then attach your screenshot when replying to this post.

What is the make and model of the CNC machine you're using alongside ArtCAM? Are you using a machine controller? What post processor option are you selecting from the Save Toolpaths dialog's Machine output file is formatted for list when saving your toolpaths in ArtCAM? Please confirm.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4
jennifer.dunn
in reply to: gnis56

Hi @gnis56

@gnis56 wrote:

I bought a CNC and I had artcam 2008 with it.  When I make new project , ex: a square with 1.5 inch the CNC print a square of 1.375 inch or 1.625 inch but never 1.5 ????

Can you help me?

It looks like you cut square is off by a tool size, either diameter or radius, as both are off by 1/8"

It's a little more difficult to make specific a reference to setups as your version is 10 years old and many changes have happened over the years.

It could be an issue with the type of toolpath or the option you've chosen. For example, if you are using Machine Along Vector, the center of the tool is placed on the vector line, so if you had a 1/4" tool, the inner and out rectangles would 1/8" smaller and larger. Another issue could be using the wrong size tool on the machine vs what you programed with in the software.

Jennifer Dunn
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
gnis56
in reply to: jennifer.dunn

Thank you, I will look for that

Bye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report