Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARt CAM 2017 KEEPS crashing

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
enquiryEWXHP
879 Views, 12 Replies

ARt CAM 2017 KEEPS crashing

Hi,

I have art cam 2017. it keeps crashing or failing to load for some error or another. I have uninstalled and re installed. it worked kind of ok for a day.

Some times it says i'm not licensed, some times it says some thing else. some times i lose a great deal of work.

Any help would be mush appreciated,

Thanks

Dan

Pure Tree Design

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi @enquiryEWXHP,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

enquiryEWXHP wrote:

I have art cam 2017. it keeps crashing or failing to load for some error or another. I have uninstalled and re installed. it worked kind of ok for a day.

Some times it says i'm not licensed, some times it says some thing else. some times i lose a great deal of work.

What build of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).

What graphics card do you have installed on your computer? Please check and confirm.

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating the issues you've encountered when working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017. You can find instructions on how to embed a screencast when posting here.

In the event of a crash, we have configured ArtCAM to store information about its circumstances in a single file. This is known as a MiniDump. A MiniDump file (*.dmp) is particularly useful to the Development team, as it enables us to examine what was happening at the exact point of the crash; this greatly improves the chance of identifying and fixing a rare or random crash that cannot be reproduced.

Please use the following steps to retrieve a MiniDump file:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %TEMP%in the Address bar, and then press Enter.
  2. From Windows Explorer's list of folders and files, double-click the ArtCAM_MiniDump folder to display its contents.
  3. Identify the MiniDump file (*.dmp) you want to retrieve. Each MiniDump file is named using the following convention:Dump-<year-month-day>-<hour-minute-second>-<ArtCAM version>-<build number>-<bit version>.dmp.

For example, if the MiniDump file is named Dump-20170222-035400-2017-270-64.dmp, we know that it was created on 22nd February 2017 at 03:54:00 local time, and originates from ArtCAM 2017.270 64-bit.

Please zip the MiniDump file (*.dmp) and attach it when replying to this post so that I can submit it to the Development team for further investigation.

Please confirm if you have created and submitted a case from your Autodesk Account regarding this issue using the instructions given here

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 13

Hi,

Thank you for fast response.

My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce and Intel i5. Just downloaded the latest Pack 5.

There has been so many times for crashes. What can i do!! im getting so behind on my work.

Thanks

Message 4 of 13

Hi @enquiryEWXHP,

enquiryEWXHP wrote:

My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce and Intel i5. Just downloaded the latest Pack 5.

There has been so many times for crashes. What can i do!! im getting so behind on my work.

The most important thing for you to have done was to download and install the fifth service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. This service pack release includes fixes for previously reported crashes. It is important to ensure that your ArtCAM software is kept up-to-date.

After installing the fifth service pack release, I recommend resetting the workspace using the following steps:

1. Shut down Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).
  2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2017\Exec on your computer.
  3. Right-click the ResetArtCAM2017Workspace.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option.
  4. Restart Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270). 

In addition, I recommend that you download and install the latest display driver for your NVIDIA GeForce graphics card from here.

If you encounter any further crashes after completing these steps, please let us know. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 13

Hi,

No, i didnt work im afraid. Still says error Code <-104>

and also that its not licensed on this machine, which it is. The license error does not always show.

Thanks

Dan

Message 6 of 13

Hi @enquiryEWXHP,

enquiryEWXHP wrote:

Still says error Code <-104>

and also that its not licensed on this machine, which it is. The license error does not always show.

A licensing error is an entirely separate issue to the software crashing. Please provide us with a screenshot of all error and warning messages that you encounter when trying to use Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017.

When installing:

• Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 on your computer, did you right-click the Autodesk_ArtCAM_Standard_2017_R1_Multilingual_Win_64bit_Setup.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option?
  • The fifth service pack release, did you right-click the ArtCAM_2017_SP5.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option? 

Please confirm. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 13

Sorry, no idea what you mean....

Keeps saying licensing error.

Now it wont load on dxf vectors which i have been doing since I've had this software.

This is so buggy and at the price i would of thought it would just work.....

Message 8 of 13

main one is

error initializing the Usage tracking component

error 104

Message 9 of 13

Hi @enquiryEWXHP,

enquiryEWXHP wrote: 

Keeps saying licensing error.

Now it wont load on dxf vectors which i have been doing since I've had this software.

Based on the limited information you've provided so far, it seems as though there is an issue with your ArtCAM software installation rather than the software itself. Issues with Autodesk licensing are best posted on the Installation & Licensing forum, or reported in a case created and submitted from your Autodesk Account using the instructions given here.

I've requested that you attach a screenshot of any warning or error messages that you've encountered when using Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270). You can find details about how to attach files when posting to the Autodesk Community forums here. Alternatively, you can use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast showing the issues you've encountered, and then embed it when posting to the Autodesk Community forums by following the instructions here.

If you also have an issue with importing DXF files into Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270), then please attach a sample DXF file when replying to this post so that we can investigate further.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 13

Hi @enquiryEWXHP,

@enquiryEWXHP wrote:

main one is

error initializing the Usage tracking component

error 104

The error message you describe has previously been discussed here, albeit with a different Autodesk product. As previously suggested, this indicates that there is an issue with the Autodesk licensing on your computer.

I suggest that you complete a clean uninstall of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 from your computer using the instructions given here. Afterwards, you should re-install in the following order:

1. Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017, by right-clicking the Autodesk_ArtCAM_Premium_2017_R1_Multilingual_Win_64bit_Setup.exe file and selecting the Run as administrator context menu option.
  2. The fifth service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range, by right-clicking the ArtCAM_2017_SP5.exe file and selecting the Run as administrator context menu option.

Kind regards,

Message 11 of 13

Hi,

Did that.

I now get

Error initializing tracking component

error 104

Message 12 of 13

and also

error code 6

preptool has not been run since build

Message 13 of 13

Hi @enquiryEWXHP,

enquiryEWXHP wrote:

I now get

Error initializing tracking component

error 104

This issue relates to Autodesk licensing rather than Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 itself. Please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

@enquiryEWXHP wrote:

and also

error code 6

preptool has not been run since build

Again, this issue relates to Autodesk licensing rather than Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 itself. This has been discussed here, albeit with a different Autodesk product. Please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

If you're unable to resolve your licensing issue using the provided instructions, I suggest that you create and submit a case from your Autodesk Account using the instructions given here. That way, you can request that Autodesk Support connect to your computer in order to troubleshoot the issue.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report