Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D tool path generation freezing on finish pass

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bill
297 Views, 3 Replies

3D tool path generation freezing on finish pass

Hi,

I am having an issue with the 3D tool path generation on the finish path.  When I go to generate it... it will start and not finish.  I am using an MSI gaming computer with Windows 10.  I think something in my computer might be conflicting with it and not letting it generate the finish path.  Any ideas would be great. 

Thanks

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
shirish.bansude
in reply to: Bill

Hi @Bill,

Bill wrote:

I am having an issue with the 3D tool path generation on the finish path.  When I go to generate it... it will start and not finish.  I am using an MSI gaming computer with Windows 10.  I think something in my computer might be conflicting with it and not letting it generate the finish path.  Any ideas would be great.

What version and build of ArtCAM are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270).

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating the issue you've encountered.

Please attach your ArtCAM Model file (*.art) when replying to this post. I would like to check the model resolution and various toolpath settings, such as Tolerance, Stepover and Stepdown, which could impact the toolpath calculation speed. 

Also, please confirm what graphics card you have installed on your computer.

You can find the system requirements for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range here.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B
Message 3 of 4
Bill
in reply to: shirish.bansude

What version :    Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270)

graphics card :   GeForce GTX  1060

I think it a conflict with something on my computer.  I installed it on my wife's computer and it worked fine. 

thanks

Bill

Message 4 of 4
shirish.bansude
in reply to: Bill

Hi @Bill,

@BIll wrote:

What version :    Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 Service Pack 5 (build 270)

graphics card :   GeForce GTX  1060

I think it a conflict with something on my computer.  I installed it on my wife's computer and it worked fine.   

Thank you for providing this information and for letting me know that everything is working as expected on another computer.

Nonetheless, in order for me to establish why you encountered the issue on your computer, I will need some additional information from you.

Please use Autodesk Screencast to create and share a screencast demonstrating the issue you've encountered.

Please attach your ArtCAM Model file (*.art) when replying to this post. I would like to check the model resolution and various toolpath settings, such as Tolerance, Stepover and Stepdown, which could impact the toolpath calculation speed. 

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report