Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textured FBX from thirdParty into Arnold

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
achim-schnick
240 Views, 0 Replies

Textured FBX from thirdParty into Arnold

How and where to import texturemapped fbx and how to show them correcty in Arnold?

For some weeks now I am trying to find out a Solution by myself without success.

HERE THE PROBLEM:
Exporting a Scene from DAZ Studio via DAZ to Maya Bridge works absolutely fine. Sometimes you need to have a DAZ Character included. You can delete it, if you don't want it in the Maya Scene. For what Reason ever, the Bridge seems to need a Character, otherwise it may not work correctly. The Texture Path remains C:\[where the DAZ to Maya Bridge is located]

BUT HERE THE QUESTION:
If I build a Scene for instance in Lightwave, I never get the texture ready to be rendered with Arnold, no matter, if embedded (binary) or not.
Autoconversion for Arnold: (Checked) TX Manager shows "hastx". Means to me conversion completed ok?
In advance I copied the Textures into E:\[project folder]. Texture and Material visible in Hypershade as they look in Hardware Renderer.

BUT ARNOLD shows up with some crasy grey/black glossy Stuff.
Repeat, if imported via DAZ to Maya Bridge, the same Scene comes along perfectly. Exporting the Scene as textured fbx ex DAZ without Bridge won't work in Arnold either - in Lightwave it will be perfect.

So I am asking, what will be a Way to get textured FBX files into Arnold made in 3rd Part Software, in this Case Lightwave? Or may be, it is a Lightwave issue? 
To the attached Pictures:
"Arnie" is a DAZ Scene exported from DAZ to Lightwave as embedded textured FBX reimported to Maya: No Textures shown in Arnold. "Arnie2" directly from DAZ to Maya Bridge: PERFECT!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums