Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris subdivision uv's

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ralph.meijerNULX3
461 Views, 3 Replies

Solaris subdivision uv's

Hi everyone,

We are slowly moving our pipeline to Solaris with Arnold. However we are running into some issues regarding with rendertime subdivisions. When we set the attribute on the Geometry Rendersettings Lop it subdivides the geometry correctly, however the uv's are incorrect and distorted even if force those parameters as well. It seems the uv attribute isn't correctly set. In "normal" HtoA is does handle the subdivisions correctly so it seems like it's a Solaris implementation.

Hope someone has a solution for this.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do you have an example scene? Seems to work fine for me in the latest HtoA

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply,

I did some further digging. This mesh was coming in from Maya through an alembic imported in a sop create. If I export to USD directly from Maya it works as expected. So I think there are some attributes on the mesh that somehow mess up the mesh or some attributes missing.

In this test scene I created a mesh inside a sop create which has the same issues as the imported Alembic.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Message 4 of 4

After quite some digging around I've found the solution...

Apparently you have to import the uv's as indexed primvars on the sop create lop.

ralphmeijerNULX3_0-1681939842382.png

This fixed the issue. Not sure what the indexed primvars actually do though. If someone has a good explanation that would be great in order to get better understanding.

Cheers,

Ralph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report