Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris - Arnold Render Settings HDA

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
am_wilkins
429 Views, 7 Replies

Solaris - Arnold Render Settings HDA

Hi,

It appears like when rendering out a render job when using the "Arnold Render Settings" HDA, the "RGBA" AOV (beauty) is rendered out as "RGBA" which is not registered directly in Nuke like it used to be.

The name needs to be"rgba" for Nuke however I'm unable to rename or add an optional name as this doesn't work (change the name result) which I suspect might be an issue with this HDA.

01.jpg

On top of that, I'd like to request and follow-up on other changes:

1.  As in other posts, the ability to add custom AOV & LightGroups.
    Surely this is a fairly quick adjustment to the HDA from your end?

2. I would highly recommend defaulting the Filter type for the common AOV to a more "correct" setting. The Arnold teams between Maya and Houdini seem to differ in settings and whether they are defaulted or not. These settings can make or break certain AOV and for a new user to Arnold these should be set to a better default settings for the AOV. The documentation or warnings about what filter you choose have become lacking in the docs.

3. Arnold appears to use the Image Resolution from the Render Product node with Husk I believe while it uses the resolution from the Render Settings node for Kick. It would be ideal if this was a consistent behavior.

All the best,

Amwilkins

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: am_wilkins

1) is logged here:
HTOA-2298
Support custom aovs in the Arnold Render Settings LOP

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 8
manuel_hm

I was just about to create a post but found this thread, also had the same issue with rgba in nuke using htoa-6.2.3.2. Where do I see that log and status of tickets? please @Stephen.Blair

Message 4 of 8

Hi, news about it? There's a way to do what @am_wilkins suggested in HtoA6.2.4.0?

Thankyou

Message 5 of 8
Stephen.Blair

There's no news on that ticket, it's still open.
(Tickets are in an internal ticketing system)

You could use the standard Render Vars, Render Product LOPS, together with the Arnold Standard Render Vars and the [non-Arnold] Render Settings.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 6 of 8

thankyou Stephen
Message 7 of 8
am_wilkins

Around 7-8 months later, but still no adjustments to the "Arnold Render Settings" HDA?

Nothing listed above is solved. Is there anyone working on HTOA anymore?

all the best,

amwilkins

Message 8 of 8

@am_wilkins wrote:

Around 7-8 months later, but still no adjustments to the "Arnold Render Settings" HDA?

Nothing listed above is solved. Is there anyone working on HTOA anymore?

all the best,

amwilkins

Yes. You can check the HtoA release note for the last year. We're still working on HtoA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums