Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSL Shader

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sapralexnet
117 Views, 3 Replies

OSL Shader

Hello. I’m following this tutorial for OSL Fractals https://help.autodesk.com/view/ARNOL/ENU/?guid=arnold_for_houdini_rendering_ah_Rendering_Volumetric_...

When I try to use mandelbulb_shader in OSL node in Houdini I get “syntax error” on all lines where the code has backslash 

If I create .osl files instead, Arnold in Houdini just doesn’t see(or doesn’t compile) the files which has the mentioned backslash \.

The first simple sphere_shader works as expected in both cases(written in OSL node or as a file)

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
thiago.ize
in reply to: sapralexnet

It looks like there was some transcription error when we moved this code onto the new documentation website. In fact, I'm seeing this error in other pages as well. I don't have a copy of the original code to compare with but I think you might be able to fix this by removing the backslashes. So \* becomes just * (it's supposed to be a regular multiplication).

In the meantime, we'll work on fixing these issues. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Message 3 of 4
sapralexnet
in reply to: thiago.ize

Yeah, I’ve initially tried just removing the backslashes in the mandebulb_shader, however this always result in a crash, so I thought that this is wrong. Will try on the other ones. Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

Message 4 of 4
sapralexnet
in reply to: sapralexnet

Today’s update: I’ve tried deleting the backslashes in .OSL file and it works fine now, so I’ll proceed with this way. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report