Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPR - Updating nodes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
henrik.linnes
161 Views, 2 Replies

IPR - Updating nodes

Hi,

We are experiencing slowness between IPR iterations when dealing with a lot of instances in Houdini 20.0 and HtoA 6.2.5.2. I have also tried the latest HtoA 6.3.1.0 with the latest Houdini production build, 20.0.653 with the same results. The weird thing is that in Houdini 19.5 we are not experiencing this. Using the same HtoA.

Between each IPR 'round' the render stops up for several seconds, depending on the amount of instances. Worse case having being around 10 seconds when dealing with 5mill point instance. Worth noting that these instances are not time dependent and should not need to be updated. 

updatingNodes.png

99jyxmT8O8.gif

I've been looking through forums to see if anyone else is experiencing something similar and found some people suggesting trying to forcing 'options.enable_fast_ipr' to true. But I cant find where to set this option. 

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Many thanks

Henrik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I just noticed there was another post regarding this. Feel free to merge the posts if that is possible.

Message 3 of 3

I have also run into the same issue and am unsure where to set "options.enable_fast_ipr"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report