Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HtoA opdef

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ethan.gouldEMFP4
152 Views, 1 Reply

HtoA opdef

Hi,

I'm having issues rendering a test scene that uses opdef with Houdini 19.5.403 & HtoA 6.1.3.3. The scene renders, but there are texture errors:

00:00:00  1560MB ERROR   |  [texturesys] /crag/mtl/principledshader1/crag/mtl/principledshader1/principledshader1_preview_texture_diffuseColor: ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

Invalid image file "opdef:Sop/testgeometry_crag?CragColor.jpg": ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

00:00:00  1561MB ERROR   |  [texturesys] /crag/mtl/principledshader1/crag/mtl/principledshader1/principledshader1_preview_texture_roughness: ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

Invalid image file "opdef:Sop/testgeometry_crag?CragRoughness.jpg": ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

00:00:00  1561MB ERROR   |  [texturesys] /crag/mtl/principledshader1/crag/mtl/principledshader1/principledshader1_preview_texture_roughness: Invalid image file "opdef:Sop/testgeometry_crag?CragRoughness.jpg": ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

00:00:00  1561MB ERROR   |  [texturesys] /crag/mtl/principledshader1/crag/mtl/principledshader1/principledshader1_preview_texture_roughness: Invalid image file "opdef:Sop/testgeometry_crag?CragRoughness.jpg": ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

00:00:00  1561MB WARNING |  render terminating early:  received abort signal

00:00:36  1628MB ERROR   |  [texturesys] /squab/mtl/SquabSkin/squab/mtl/SquabSkin/SquabSkin_preview_texture_diffuseColor: ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename                                                                                                        

Invalid image file "opdef:/Sop/testgeometry_squab?squab_diffuse.jpg": ImageInput::create() called with malformed filename

I was wondering what the current state of opdef support was?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The materials set up on crag are for Karma I believe, not Arnold. You'd need to recreate them in an Arnold material builder.

The opdef syntax on the textures is for accessing image files which have been embedded in the sop node as well. I don't think Arnold will be able to evaluate those. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report