Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HtoA not loading properly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Rex_
662 Views, 4 Replies

HtoA not loading properly

I have Houdini 19.5.403 Py3.9 installed and today I downloaded and installed htoa-6.1.3.3_houdini-19.5.403.py37. In Houdini I get the Arnold shelf and I can for example create an ArnoldROP so some things seem to work, but I don't have any shaders/material builder and if I try and create a point light from the shelf I get this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "arnold_point_light", line 5, in <module>
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\objecttoolutils.py", line 544, in genericCameraLightTool
camlight = genericTool(scriptargs, nodetypename, nodename, clicktoplace)
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\toolutils.py", line 1432, in new_func
return function(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\objecttoolutils.py", line 500, in genericTool
node = genericObjNodeGeneratorTool(scriptargs, nodetypename,
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\objecttoolutils.py", line 436, in genericObjNodeGeneratorTool
newnode = createObjNode(container, nodetypename, (), nodename,
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\objecttoolutils.py", line 373, in createObjNode
newnode = container.createNode(nodetypename, nodename,
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\houpythonportion\ui.py", line 1112, in decorator
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.403/houdini/python3.9libs\hou.py", line 14556, in createNode
return _hou.Node_createNode(self, node_type_name, node_name, run_init_scripts, load_contents, exact_type_name, force_valid_node_name)
hou.MatchDefinitionError: Failed to match node type definition.
Error: Bad node type found: arnold_vopnet in /obj/arnold_point_light1/shopnet.
Warning: Ignoring data for locked node: arnold_point_light1/shopnet/arnold_vopnet/OUT_light
Ignoring data for locked node: arnold_point_light1/shopnet/arnold_vopnet/OUT_light
Ignoring data for locked node: arnold_point_light1/shopnet/arnold_vopnet/OUT_light

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Rex_

@Rex_ wrote:

I have Houdini 19.5.403 Py3.9 installed and today I downloaded and installed htoa-6.1.3.3_houdini-19.5.403.py37. 

Python versions must match. You have py37 HtoA with py39 Houdini.

The HtoA download with no "py" extension is the default Python 3.9 build of HtoA.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 5
Rex_
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Ah yes of course, that did it! Thanks
Message 4 of 5

It is not intuitive so much. Why don't you write py39 in Htoa versions? You write:  py37, and nothing. So people think, nothing - means no python. 

Message 5 of 5

@generaldemin wrote:

It is not intuitive so much. Why don't you write py39 in Htoa versions? You write:  py37, and nothing. So people think, nothing - means no python. 

It now matches the naming convention for the Houdini downloads.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report