Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HtoA - Licensing Error no valid single user licence

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lonny.handwork
72 Views, 3 Replies

HtoA - Licensing Error no valid single user licence

I just reinstalled Maya and HtoA on a new machine and can't get my single-user license to work. The license manager prompts "A license could not be found for this email." No valid Arnold license found.  (I could post the log if that helps).

Obviously, I do have a valid Arnold license tied to my email. I've uninstalled-reinstalled the single sign-on component. I've reinstalled HtoA (though that's a bit of a pain as the links are all broken in the account manager). Don't know if it is relevant but quick tests show that Maya renders without a watermark (even though accessing the Arnold license manager through Maya throws the errors as above. HtoA has a watermark.

HtoA 6.1.3.1

Arnold 7.1.3.0

Houdini 19.5.303

Maya 2023.1

Any thoughts or help?  Is this forum the only place to get Autodesk support or is there a way to make a bonafide trouble ticket?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I don't see any Arnold subscription for your account. Just a Maya Indie subscription.

Maya indie, like Maya, will render without a watermark. But only in the user interface. Outside of the Maya and 3ds Max user interfaces, you need an Arnold subscription to remove the watermark.

If you sign in to your Autodesk account at manage.autodesk.com, you can contact support.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 4

I guess I’m pretty confused as I’d assumed that the Maya Indie included Arnold bridges.  In fact, it’s the only reason I renewed the Maya license this year. 

Apologies for my poor understanding. 
Message 4 of 4

@lonny.handwork wrote:
 I guess I’m pretty confused as I’d assumed that the Maya Indie included Arnold bridges.  In fact, it’s the only reason I renewed the Maya license this year. 

Apologies for my poor understanding. 

No problem.

Maya and Maya Indie include "watermark-free rendering" in the user interface. 
You don't need an Arnold subscription for that (unlike if you used Houdini or Katana or CINEMA 4D, where you'd need an Arnold subscription for rendering in the user interface).

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report