Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to submit a usdrender rop task to deadline

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
awu2500
177 Views, 6 Replies

how to submit a usdrender rop task to deadline

I got a hip file with some uv errors at render time, I add a render setting node to check off ' abort on error' option, 

and I can render the usdrender rop node at local, but after I submit this file to dealine, when the uv error  cames out, 

the task just failed, looks like the render setting node did not work, how to render usdrender rop at deadline, should I export the whole scence  as a usd file and kick it ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: awu2500

Most likely Deadline overrides Abort on Error...did you look into setting it in the submitter?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 7
awu2500
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

that was what I thought, but I can't find something like 'strict error checking' at maya job setting.

Message 4 of 7
david.ostler2WSX9

This works fine for me.  I'm running with "abort on error" turned off to avoid crashing on texturesys errors.  However I did create my own deadline plugin for husk to avoid all the complex under the hood shenanigans that deadline has.  If you take a look at your plugin code there are some lines that tell deadline to abort on specific errors, perhaps your error is listed in this section?  That is the only thing that I can think of that would make the husk command differ locally than on deadline.

Message 5 of 7
awu2500
in reply to: david.ostler2WSX9

thanks for the reply, https://github.com/DavidTree/HuskStandaloneSubmitter ,do you mean this plugin?

Message 6 of 7
david.ostler2WSX9

No, I wrote my own starting from the kick plugin as a starting point.  I probably would have used the one you pointed out if I knew it was there.

Message 7 of 7
awu2500
in reply to: david.ostler2WSX9

ok, I'll test that plugin, maybe I should write my own one  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report