Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Arnold not have a progress bar?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stevegkennedy
110 Views, 2 Replies

Does Arnold not have a progress bar?

When I hit 'Render to Disk' on an Arnold ROP in Houdini, literally nothing happens:

- There's no sort of indication that the render has been successfully started

- There's no progress bar updating during the render

- Perhaps most crucially, there doesn't seem to be any way to cancel the render once it's started

Is this a bug? Should these things be appearing? Otherwise, this is terrible UI/UX, and lacking something I have seen in literally every other rendering solution I've used in the last 20 years!

I mean, I can go to the folder where the image is being rendered and just watch it, but that's not exactly ideal.

Edit: just noticed that there is actually a timer and way to cancel in the bottom left of Houdini's main window, but a progress bar would still be nice. And the way to cancel is to press escape, which is something which could easily be pressed while doing something else, so it's not an optimal way to have that set up in my opinion.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
agrauTUCZY
in reply to: stevegkennedy

Hi Steve ,

I could be wrong but the Houdini render progress bars appears only when you launch a render sequence not on single frames.

Best

Alex

Message 3 of 3
philW9W7M
in reply to: stevegkennedy

I brought this up recently in another post. There should be an Mplay monitor when rendering to disk. Frankly, this productivity hole is inexplicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report