Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold doesn't show in Houdini - step by step solution

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ucssdy
166 Views, 0 Replies

Arnold doesn't show in Houdini - step by step solution

I've been banging my head against this problem for what feels like FOREVER.... ..Seriously, I think I've hit more tech snags than most people. But with Yi's help, I finally cracked it. So, I wanna share how we did it, step by step, hoping to save some of you from the same kind of headache. Trust me, every small issue can be a big obstacle for this installation.

Step One: Make sure the Houdini version and the Arnold HtoA version are EXACT MATCH!!! 

For example: 

1. Houdini 20.0.590 vs htoa-6.2.5.2_r2dd89ed_houdini-20.0.590_windows

2. Houdini 19.5.805 vs htoa-6.2.5.2_r2dd89ed_houdini-19.5.805.py37_windows

Arnold HtoA download link: https://manage.autodesk.com/products/ARNOL?version=2024&platform=LNUX64&language=EINT

1.png

If you are lucky, once you ensure the downloaded version matched, you can start using it right away. If not↓

Step Two: Find the "houdini.env" file in the folder where you downloaded Houdini, or search it in the search bar.

The tricky part is your file might look like "houdini" instead of "houdini.env". If so, right-click the blank space and click Options. Then follow ↓

2.png

Then you will get the correct file format for the "houdini.env"

Step Three: Now you can modify the path in the "houdini.env" file. Better open it in the NotePad. ↓

3.png

Copy & Paste

Remember to modify it according to your own path information!

#houdini arnold
PATH = "$PATH;C:\Users\yourusername\htoa\htoa-6.2.5.2_r2dd89ed_houdini-19.5.805.py37/htoa-6.2.5.2_r2dd89ed_houdini-${HOUDINI_VERSION}.py37/scripts/bin"
HOUDINI_PATH = "C:\Users\yourusername\htoa\htoa-6.2.5.2_r2dd89ed_houdini-19.5.805.py37/htoa-6.2.5.2_r2dd89ed_houdini-${HOUDINI_VERSION}.py37;&"

Step Four: Now when you open your houdini, you'll be happy to see "Arnold" in your Houdini menu bar.

But not quite there yet....You need to sign in to your autodesk account to activate the License.

find it here: ↓

4.png

If everything goes smoothly, you will see this↓ and congrat!!! You made it! 

8.png

However....If not.....

5.png

Check↓

Step Five: Download ↓

6.png7.png

Now, go to the "Arnold → Licensing → License Manager" and sign in, you should be free to go! Woohooo!

Good Luck!!!

Tags (3)
Labels (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums