Community
Arnold for Houdini Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Houdini and Solaris using the HtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold (AdskLicensingAgent) and Vray conflict in solaris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andrewlouda
141 Views, 3 Replies

Arnold (AdskLicensingAgent) and Vray conflict in solaris

Hi, so I decided to install Vray to test it out and I am getting a adsklicensing error about no QT platform plugin being initialized any time I start a render. I thought this was related to a previous issue I had that ended up being solved by defining the 

QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable for Arnold, but I don't think it is. It's certainly a conflict with vray though, since this issue instantly goes away if I don't load vray. There aren't many scenarios where I can imagine needing to load both renderers at the same time, but does anybody know of a workaround to get them to play nice with each other?

andrewlouda_0-1708237779547.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rachid_1
in reply to: andrewlouda

I don't have that problem
vray_.jpgHtoA.jpgVFH.jpg

Message 3 of 4
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: andrewlouda

AdskLicensingAgent is looking at the Qt platform plugins from Houdini. Unless V-Ray is setting QT_PLUGIN_PATH to point to those, I don't know why V-Ray would matter.

Some Houdini things, like hython, will set QT_PLUGIN_PATH and that is another way to get this Qt platform conflict with AdskLicensingAgent

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 4
andrewlouda
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Yeah I was checking in the about section of Houdini, and V-Ray isn't doing anything to the QT variables (that I can see). The hython idea might be on to something though, since I'm rendering through solaris. Is there anything I could set QT_plugin_path to that could mitigate this?

In my Arnold package file, I'm setting:
"QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/AdskLicensing/14.0.0.10160/AdskLicensingAgent/platforms"
to deal with a separate issue when using PDG with a single-user license.

I'm using H20.0.590 (py10), HtoA 6.2.5.2, and V-Ray core 6.20.05

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report