Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Particles in Picture Viewer

39 REPLIES 39
Message 1 of 40
atoffey
2182 Views, 39 Replies

X-Particles in Picture Viewer

Hi — I can't get a cached x-particles simulation to render in the picture viewer. IPR and un-cached simulations in picture viewer both work fine...Any ideas?

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40

Opening your scene is working fine here, I can see the texture in the viewport. So it seems like a local issue with your settings.

Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: peter.horvath6V6K3

maybe my pc specs has something to do with it...what's your system's spec.

Message 23 of 40

Sorry for the late reply. I don't think it has anything to do with the system spec, since it renders fine in the IPR, right? The code to display the image in the viewport uses the native C4D bitmap and draw functions anyway, so I wonder if the same texture is working fine with the Background object for instance? Also is the constant color of the Arnold Sky displayed properly?

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous

yes, it renders fine in the ipr, constant colour is displayed and background object works fine with textures.

Message 25 of 40

I have no idea than. Really the viewport settings the only thing I can think of.

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous

no problem thank you for answering all this while...btw can i get a new.c4d filee from u to test with your own view-port settings...

Message 27 of 40

I basically use the default settings, but here's my preference file: cinema-4d-prefs.zip

To find the location of your Preferences folder, go to Edit -> Preferences... and you'll see the path at the bottom of the dialog. Make a copy your current preferences before overriding the file, just in case something goes wrong.

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous

thanks i'll try it if it works i'll tell you.

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous

yo it didn't work, thanks tho'. the system i use was manufactured in 2011 dell inspiron 17R n7110 so the opengl version is old...so i think the problem is the system itself.

Message 30 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: atoffey

Hey @Peter Horvath - This problem seems to be popping up again. I'm running the latest builds of Cinema 4D R20, X-Particles and Arnold. It seems that the problem is with the Takes system. If I hit render from the Render menu (Shift+R), everything renders fine. However, if I render from the Takes menu (Render> Render All Takes to PV), any groups created after the first one do not render. There are no overrides or any modifications to the Take that I created. I simply created a new Take and hit render, so there isn't anything within the Take causing the group to not render. I should also add that the Take renders fine before I add the second emitter to a second group. So there is some odd connection between Groups and Takes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 31 of 40
peter.horvath6V6K3
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for reporting. I'll take a look tomorrow and get back to you.

Message 32 of 40
peter.horvath6V6K3

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Can you send me a scene please? Are you on Windows or Mac, R20 or R21? Latest plugin and xparticles version?

Message 33 of 40
Anonymous

Hey Peter, thanks for digging into it. I'm using the most up to date versions for everything... C4D, Arnold, and X-Particles. So when you create an XP System with two emitters, both in their own xpgroups utilizing their own separate modifiers... and then create a new Take, and render that Take to PV, everything renders fine?

Message 34 of 40
peter.horvath6V6K3

Yes, both emitters render fine.

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous

Weird. Ok... I'll get the scene over to you.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous

Hey Peter, here's a test scene that is currently rendering fine when I simply render from the Render menu (Shift+R) but renders without the particles when the Take is rendered (Takes menu> Render> Render All Takes to PV). I verified the problem on two different workstations. BTW, I'm running Windows 10.
4969-particle-render-example-001.png
And here the scene.
Particle_Render_Test_001.zip

Message 37 of 40
peter.horvath6V6K3

Thanks, I can reproduce it with your scene. I don't know what was different in mine. Anyway, hopefully I can figure out now what's wrong.

Message 38 of 40
peter.horvath6V6K3

I think the problem is in X-Particles. The render scene has different group IDs when clicking Render All Takes to PV, but the cached particles still refer to the original IDs. That's why the plugin can not find the particles of the groups. I reported the issue to Insydium.

Until they fix it I have a (bit hacky) workaround, which seems to work fine.

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous

Hey Peter... thanks so much for diagnosing! Hopefully, Insydium is able to resolve the issue. In the meanwhile... mind sharing your workaround?

Message 40 of 40
peter.horvath6V6K3

Please contact support for a wip build.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report