Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Node Rerouter doesn't work only in Arnold Node Materials

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tompkins.ge
308 Views, 6 Replies

Wire Node Rerouter doesn't work only in Arnold Node Materials

Ctl+Shift+Click or Cmd+Shift+Click doesn't create a Node Wire Rerouter only in Arnold Node Materials. Right clicking to add Rerouter also doesn't work. Works fine with Redshift materials. I remember it used to work before Maxon updated the key command.

The Rerouter appears on the connection but isn't placed when clicking.

C4DtoA 4.6.7.1 on both Mac and Windows

C4D 2024.2 Mac and Windows

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
peter_horvath
in reply to: tompkins.ge

Not sure why it's not working, it supposed to be a generic editor feature, not specific to a node space. I'll investigate. Thanks for reporting.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 7
peter_horvath

Rerouters are now fixed in C4DtoA 4.6.8.1.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 4 of 7

And while we're on the subject of non-working features, the "Node editor" button (to edit Arnold node materials) in the Materials window does nada. Thank you - I'm now ready to receive the Most-Non-Critical-Bug-of-the-Year Award! 🙂

Message 5 of 7
peter_horvath

The Node Editor... button is working fine for me, so your chances to winning the award just dropped. 🙂

That's the same button you have on the Basic tab in the Attribute Editor. I suppose that's not working either then? The button is managed by Cinema 4D and it supposed to be the same in all Node Materials, so this should not be an Arnold specific issue. Have you tried other Node Materials (like the Standard or Redshift)?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 6 of 7

Bummer - I was sooo looking forward to an award... 😉

Anyway, if it's working for you, it's undoubtedly something on my side. The behavior is the same in RS (the Node Editor buttons in Attributes open the Material Editor, and that Node Editor button does nothing).

But it's nothing I can't live with, so time is better spent elsewhere. Also, I have a little workaround, so it's not something that bothers me. But maybe it's time for a clean C4D install because I feel I'm experiencing many more crashes and hangs with 2024?

Best regards, ///peter

NodeEditor.png

Message 7 of 7

Quick update: OK, I just bit the bullet and deleted C4D, Redshift, Greyscale Gorilla, all library and preference files etc and reinstalled everything from scratch. Unsurprisingly, everything now seems to work great! Even the "node editor" buttons! 🙂

BTW, I've never done a complete installation "reset" before - I just kept updating C4D (all the way back from R18, I believe), and clearly some internal stuff got finicky along the way. So, it might be worth a try if you're also suffering from strange errors and crashes like I've been. Sometimes, you just have to get a fresh start!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report