Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new arnold seems to have some problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
304 Views, 4 Replies

The new arnold seems to have some problems

1.Tx files are not updated automatically. If the map has generated a tx file, change the color space of the picture at this time, and the tx file will not be updated automatically.
2.If IPR is running and material parameters(node material beta) are being adjusted, it will crash when Cinema 4D is automatically saved.
3.If I set Arnold as the default renderer and open a complex Arnold scene directly (the material of this Arnold scene uses the node material beta), Cinema 4D 2023 will crash (Cinema 4D R26 is normal). If you use the Arnold Material legacy , it will not crash.

The tests baesd on the latest version .The version before 4.3 seems to be normal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tompkins.ge
in reply to: 895793442

I too am seeing a lot of crashes when adjusting parameters using the new node system. I often have to pause the IPR to adjust.

Not sure if it's the same, but I'm getting hangs when opening C4D scenes with Arnold materials, getting stuck on the "material exchange" step. Merging the original scene into a new one works instantly every time. It happens most when moving scenes between Mac and Win.

Message 3 of 5
in reply to: tompkins.ge

Yes, that's it. I don't think the new node system is very stable. I have encountered the situation you said. I hope arnold will improve in the future
Message 4 of 5
peter_horvath
in reply to: 895793442

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply.

"1.Tx files are not updated automatically. If the map has generated a tx file, change the color space of the picture at this time, and the tx file will not be updated automatically."

It's a known issue since C4DtoA 4.5.0, when we moved auto tx generation logic from the plugin to the Arnold core. We're working on some improvements on the auto tx logic, including this fix.

"2.If IPR is running and material parameters(node material beta) are being adjusted, it will crash when Cinema 4D is automatically saved."

"3.If I set Arnold as the default renderer and open a complex Arnold scene directly (the material of this Arnold scene uses the node material beta), Cinema 4D 2023 will crash (Cinema 4D R26 is normal). If you use the Arnold Material legacy , it will not crash."

There's a know issue with Node Material viewport previews in Cinema 4D 2023.1, which will be fixed in the next Cinema 4D release (2023.2). Could you please confirm if you disable Viewport Preview in the Preferences (Renderer > Arnold > Material), then the crashes are gone.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 5 of 5
in reply to: peter_horvath

Thank you for your patience, which is very helpful to me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report