Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render from Arnold Denoiser is too bright than the Picture Viewer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
moaz_13
78 Views, 1 Reply

Render from Arnold Denoiser is too bright than the Picture Viewer

Hi there... I have been trying to denoise my render from Cinema 4D but the exr render from Denoiser Driver is brighter than the rendered image save from Picture Viewer. Image "testrender1" is the actual render and "denoiser_testrender1" is the image from the denoiser driver. I have even tried to run it in the Denoiser and it just removes the noise but the render is still brighter. Please Help?

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
peter_horvath
in reply to: moaz_13

I suspect it's a color space difference, probably something's off in your workflow. Can you tell me the steps how you produce and compare the images?

If you render a scene to the Picture Viewer by default, Arnold uses an OCIO color manager and bakes in the view transform, which is "ACES 1.0 SDR-video (sRGB)". See the color manager settings in the Arnold render settings.

When you render with the Arnold EXR driver, the exr is in render space (ACEScg). When you look at it in a viewer, it will apply a view transform, which is usually just a linear -> sRGB transform, if the viewer does not have proper OCIO support. That means the color space is off (Un-tone-mapped sRGB vs ACES 1.0 SDR-video).

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report