Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oidn expression

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
JHåland
180 Views, 13 Replies

Oidn expression

hi. jut wonder how you write those expressions for Oidn, the examples in the doc is a bit hard to understand. how do you oidn a specific mask tag? thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JHåland
in reply to: JHåland

Think I got it after some testing, but it kept crashing, so maybe a simpler system had been super.

just needed to write; beauty or shadow_matte

I guess it makes sense if you understand why you should write 'or'. For med it would be more intuitive to separate functions by comma, like tags online. But then you don't get all the other features too, so hmm.

Message 3 of 14
peter_horvath

I agree, it's a bit too technical at the moment if you just need something simple, like selecting specific AOVs. Adding a UI to select AOVs from a list would be a nice improvement in a future release.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 4 of 14
JHåland
in reply to: peter_horvath

Absolute, that would be great with a UI!

And hmm, seem to be crashing when I want change the Display in the IPR when using expression.
Message 5 of 14
peter_horvath

Can you give me more details on that crash? Is OIDN the only imager in the scene? What's your expression and what are the steps to reproduce the crash? Do you just switch from beauty to some other AOV?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 6 of 14
JHåland

OIDN is the only imager, and if there's anything in the expression field it crash, even if I change AOVs to beauty (RGBA). If I have * in the expression field, it works as expected. Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 14
peter_horvath

Are you using the latest version, C4DtoA 4.4.0.1? There was a similar issues fixed in 4.4.0.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 8 of 14
JHåland

on 4.4.0.1
Message 9 of 14
peter_horvath

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the crash. Can you repro in a basic new scene or only in a specific scene? Does the crash happen only in the IPR or also if you render to the Picture Viewer?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 10 of 14
JHåland

Hi, Sorry for the late reply, needed to hand in a project.

Yes, I've tried to reduce the project file as much as possible.

So this file keep crashing. Start the IPR and change Display to Shadow Matte.

Think I'm maybe found the problem and could be something silly as an underline _

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v1xafuhofb34dl/Arnold%20Crash.zip?dl=0

I'll remove the link as soon as you've downloaded the file 🙂
Message 11 of 14
peter_horvath

Thanks, I can reproduce the crash with your scene. From the crash log it seems, it's not related to the denoiser and AOVs actually, but a problem with exporting the instances. Will need to investigate further, but I hope to fix it in the next release.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 12 of 14
JHåland

Glad to help finding bugs 😂

I've removed the files now

Message 13 of 14
peter_horvath

I have a potential fix. Would you mind sending an email to support(at)arnoldrenderer(dot)com, referring to this forum post, in order to test the build and verify it's working properly in your scene?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 14 of 14
JHåland

Jupp, just sent you an email 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report